Remy Cabella

Yaron

Of course he has some responsibility, but players need the right circumstances to thrive, and to be given a fair chance.

Why does this apply to Cabella, and not Colback?

Because Colback played pretty much every game last season and we know what he can offer. Cabella was ostracised fairly early under Pardew as he wasn't a "grafter" and didn't get back enough, so him given free roam to attack and not limited would be great.

To be fair to Cabella he did work hard and did tackle back quite a lot. It's his 50million step overs without actually getting anywhere that let him down.

Of course he has some responsibility, but players need the right circumstances to thrive, and to be given a fair chance.

Because Colback played pretty much every game last season and we know what he can offer. Cabella was ostracised fairly early under Pardew as he wasn't a "grafter" and didn't get back enough, so him given free roam to attack and not limited would be great.

Cabella's always worked hard for the team. He got dropped because he wasn't doing well going forward

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

Cabella will do better than Colback with equal playing time. It's not even up for debate about him going forward, he played in dribs and drabs, much like Hatem was subjected too.

hba always showed he was capable though, he would drive at players, produce things out of nothing. I've seen very little from cabella to show he's capable of the same. when he gets his chance next year, he must start producing.

:lol: @ thinking we'll ever have a player capable of HBA's skills again

well, no.

Cabella's always worked hard for the team. He got dropped because he wasn't doing well going forward

Total minutes played -

Colback 3129

Cabella 1943

Cabella will do better than Colback with equal playing time. It's not even up for debate about him going forward, he played in dribs and drabs, much like Hatem was subjected too.

1) I never compared him to Jack Colback

2) It's an insult to HBA to compare Cabella's treatment to his

Yeah, but... Cabella will do better than Colback with equal playing time. It's not even up for debate!

/At scoring and setting up goals this time hopefully, rather than (as you rightly pointed out) look great running around without much to show for it.

i hope (and believe) that Cabella can be a very good player for us this season.

He will need time to gain form but if he is used right and have quality around him im sure he will show his potential.

He might not be the best crosser and often he will cut in - therefore i think him aarons will be good cover for left side. And i think they both have quality enough already.

Cabella is also a good option on RW position and if anita (or other DM), wijnaldum and De Jong is central i do not mind sissoko on RW. His pace, strength and crossing can do a lot of good from there. So ok cover for that position.

If we are going to buy and new LW/RW i hope they will go for a natural crosser as we have really good forwards to aim for.

My main concern is actually Perez. Were is he going to fit in...more players can cover more positions....and he is not (atm) first or 2nd choice in any of them.

He will hopefully get many minutes but probably in many different postions - which might not be the best for his game/development?

Ssssssh you are talking too much sense.

LOL let's not start with Mapou - the weak in the air central defender.

I would also say Cabella as a signing wasn't what we needed.

The fact that compartmentalise a player's traits to judge them in this way shows how little you actually understand the game of football.

LOL. So it's okay to compartmentalise Riviere's finishing, Tiote's passing, Williamson's technique but question a defenders aerial ability - you don't understand the game of football? GTFO.

Aerial ability and general physical prowess is an important element for any PL central defender. If John Terry didn't know how to attack an aerial ball, he would be fairly crap.

The fact that compartmentalise a player's traits to judge them in this way shows how little you actually understand the game of football.

LOL. So it's okay to compartmentalise Riviere's finishing, Tiote's passing, Williamson's technique but question a defenders aerial ability - you don't understand the game of football? GTFO.

Those areas happen to be the weakest part of those players game, they are still shit though even if you ignore it. MYM isn't as much as you want to think otherwise.

Those areas happen to be the weakest part of those players game, they are still s*** though even if you ignore it. MYM isn't as much as you want to think otherwise.

Please show me some examples of top PL central defenders who are poor in the air. 5 will do. I'll wait.

Think it's fair to say that comparing MYM to Willy is just an insult to MYM as he wasn't played at his best position anywhere close to long enough for him to make his mark.

1 was nearly relegated, 1 is competing for title and plays in the CL.

Hopefully the new people will make more movement than in the friendlies and actually help Cabella stay on his feet so he can do some decent work for us this season.

Aerial ability and general physical prowess is an important element for any PL central defender. If John Terry didn't know how to attack an aerial ball, he would be fairly crap.

A player like Williamson has absolutely no redeeming qualities to offset his major weakness of being utterly shit at the sport. The mere fact that you even made that comparison between the two tells me everything I need to know about your understanding of the game.

Let's hope it doesn't turn out the same way the last time a black guy and white guy had a Training Day.

http://www.filmaatikko.fi/sites/default/files/01filmaatikko_images/uutiset_q3_2015/training.jpg

having seen how we played on Sunday, I 'm actually eager to see Cabella involved now. Imagine him getting the ball, and having as much possession as Obertan did in the last game. He'll actually get a chance to find some rhythm and express himself.

Looking forward to it now.

having seen how we played on Sunday, I 'm actually eager to see Cabella involved now. Imagine him getting the ball, and having as much possession as Obertan did in the last game. He'll actually get a chance to find some rhythm and express himself.

Looking forward to it now.

A lot of promise with our midfield once they're ticking - even on the bench. :thup:

So we have Obertan, aarons, sissoko, ayoze, cabella and the Gouff for the wide positions, and Gini, ayoze, SDJ for the No10 position.

Personally I would go for Aarons and sissoko in the LW/RW positions and depending on where schteve wants to play Gini, ayoze/SDJ?cabella competing for the No10 :cheesy: :drool:

I know there's a lot of push for Aaron out left, but assuming no other winger comes in, I think I'd like to see Cabella given a run in that position first. Think he deserves it after having to put up with the nonsense of Pardew all of last year.

We just need to make sure Aarons still get's a good number of minutes on the pitch coming on every game for at least 20 - 25 mins without fail for either Cabella or Sissoko.

Our LW should be (1) Aarons (2) Marveaux (3) Cabella IMO with form/injuries/opposition being the driver on who plays there. I also think the #10 is quite tasty in (1) Ayoze (2) De Jong (3) Cabella (4) Marveaux (5) Wijnaldum all capable of playing there.

I really want to see both Cabella and Marveaux in this team as they actually have the killer pass (and I've seen Marveaux with it more-so) and the creativity. 

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/12/3805292519099a1b4f9bc78df1d9ce75.jpg

Not quite Steven Taylor levels, but :lol:

Not even close to being a Steven Taylor moment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I really don't see where Marveaux could play, although I like him as a player. He's behind too many people in the #10 role, and I don't believe he can play on the wing in the Premier League.

Not bothered about him anymore tbh, I liked watching him but we have so many options for that no 10 role he doesn't even matter really.

Back during Pardew's time it did because he was really the only one.