Remy Cabella

Yaron

Shame, looking forward to this guy this season. He's got talent and with lickspack and thick stoney out of the picture, hopefully we'll see him link up better and deliver. He shown some fantastic flashes of skill and needs a long run in the side, as does any player, before we see his best

Krul isn't even his national team's no.1.

Guess I'm mistaken there, though my point about them having no incentive to improve still stands. They're still getting a hefty wage and Krul is still the backup keeper at his national team

:lol: So obviously an incentive is to become Dutch no.1?

:lol:

You could say that, but then it depends on the player and what's more important to him. Krul's delivered some good performances before, so if he's not doing it now, the manager should come under the scanner

Also got new competition from Ken Darlow now.

Guest antz1uk

I think there's a decent player in there but he does give me the impression of being a bit of a fanny/soft arse

Slightly alarmed by the 'not in McClaren's plans' comment, fair enough may not make it in first team judging by his varying displays last season but i think he has plenty of room for improvement, even if he's seen as a backup for De Jong. It's not like it doesn't look like we need a backup for De Jong, albeit I'd like to try Perez in the no 10 role too. If he toughens up I reckon he'll score plenty, maybe a big if but a gamble getting rid.

I can't see how he could have decided he isn't worth keeping if he's been injured all pre-season.

Rupert Ritzik probably clued him in on all the players before he left. That'll be why Williamson & Colback are featuring prominently.

McClaren did say that everyone would be given a chance and on the face of it it that would appear not to be the case with Cabella but then he did say that he had spoken to all the players individually and asked them for their feedback so maybe Cabella himself has intimated that he wouldn't mind moving on (especially having lost his place in the French squad).  I can't believe that they would not be prepared to give him another season because the club thought his signing was a bit of a coup so to write him off so soon would be a bit strange especially as they are bound to make a loss on him.  Then again maybe it is just because he has been injured.