Remy Cabella

Yaron

How early on in the window did he sign for us? After the season he'd had, he must've had a few suitors that were in a better situation than the campaign we'd just had. To be honest, it wasn't a good move for him. Whoever was advising him should've known that the set up we had in place was just totally not right for his style. Not saying he's right for this league, btw, he's clearly not ideal for it, but I think there are some PL teams out there that he could play for.

I'm quite sad about him leaving especially as he seemingly wanted to stay.  Seemed a really likeable guy and always looked happy.

Think of all those players that struggled in their first season e.g. Bergkampf, Henry, Drogba.  It would have been interesting to see how Cabella would have done with a season behind him. 

Agreed. Happy getting Thauvin and think he's a better fit for us and the this league but I have doubts about him settling here.

I thought we were going to have our own poor man's David Silva with him. Playing on the wing but being able to drift in and out with intelligence and eye for goal. But he wasn't that and we had some shambolic fucking managers here.

I'll never know if he was ever going to make it, but good luck to the little daft fella. I hope he gets back into the France team and gets his career back on track.

I'm quite sad about him leaving especially as he seemingly wanted to stay.  Seemed a really likeable guy and always looked happy.

Think of all those players that struggled in their first season e.g. Bergkampf, Henry, Drogba.  It would have been interesting to see how Cabella would have done with a season behind him. 

Where did you read that?

I thought we were going to have our own poor man's David Silva with him. Playing on the wing but being able to drift in and out with intelligence and eye for goal. But he wasn't that and we had some shambolic f***ing managers here.

I'll never know if he was ever going to make it, but good luck to the little daft fella. I hope he gets back into the France team and gets his career back on track.

Agree/well said. There's plenty of players who don't make the impact those 'in the know' expect, or reach the potential, many can see that they possess; here, and at every club. Jon Dahl Tomasson always springs to mind 'the best finisher at the club', who never really did it for us; but went  on to great things. Or Siem de Jong's brother Luuk, who was apparently scoring for fun last season--with Gino--to help PSV win their first  Eredivisie title in yonks (...can't believe I put £50 on him scoring a debut hat trick against the Makems...Deluded). Good luck to you Remy; may the road rise to meet you....

Thauvin deal not dependent on Cabella leaving according to our preferred media partners.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-target-florian-thauvin-6275430

Thanks man. Would have missed that. Is it just me, or does Thauvin look like a stroppy little she-ite? That said, he doesn't seem as much of a wong 'un as Shaqiri; and, while I'm on about him, that song about his hips not lying...it  is just daft. In the clips I've seen he's shimmying and chucking dummies all over the place: his hips are pathological fecking liars!

Awful decision. Cant judge him on last season really. Would've wanted him to get at least another season to show what he has to offer.

The only thing awful about Cabella was his constant failure to not fall over as soon as another player came within 6 feet of him. One reasonable half against Chelsea that was it.

Awful decision. Cant judge him on last season really. Would've wanted him to get at least another season to show what he has to offer.

The only thing awful about Cabella was his constant failure to not fall over as soon as another player came within 6 feet of him. One reasonable half against Chelsea that was it.

Huh?

Aye, might as well forget the Spurs game, Hull, Burnley, QPR at home, West Brom away, Arsenal at home (second half). Chelsea was the standout performance, aye, but let's not pretend he didn't put in good shifts elsewhere.

:thup: If John fucking Carver managed to almost bring something out in this player, I would have liked to have seen what McClaren could have done for him.