Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest firetotheworks

Another one off the 'failure to live up to potential' conveyor belt. Mixture of bad management and being nowhere near as good as expected. It's getting boring now.

You can't give a foreign player one season man. He didn't have the opportunity to live up to his potential. One example that always comes back to me is Robert Pires - he was dreadful in his first season in England. The difference is, Wenger could clearly see the potential for him to improve. Cabellas situation is 100% down to bad management - he can't shoulder any of the blame for me.

:thup: There are plenty of players that that's applicable to as well. Bergkamp and Modric are the first that spring to mind. I don't remember Pires being bad.

Another one off the 'failure to live up to potential' conveyor belt. Mixture of bad management and being nowhere near as good as expected. It's getting boring now.

You can't give a foreign player one season man. He didn't have the opportunity to live up to his potential. One example that always comes back to me is Robert Pires - he was dreadful in his first season in England. The difference is, Wenger could clearly see the potential for him to improve. Cabellas situation is 100% down to bad management - he can't shoulder any of the blame for me.

:thup: There are plenty of players that that's applicable to as well. Bergkamp and Modric are the first that spring to mind. I don't remember Pires being bad.

Weren't both players mentioned putting in effective performance by the end of their first seasons? I can't remember like, just going off their Wikis.

As much as players need time to adapt, there was little in Cabella's game to suggest he was going to develop into an effective PL attacking player. We'll never know now like.

Some players take time to adapt and then become extremely effective, some never adapt, but are not necessarily bad players. You just have to go with which you think is most likely on a case by case basis.

I think we can all agree with that rather dull assessment.

Why are we loaning him out when we've just given them thirteen million?

Isn't it a loan with an obligation to buy?

Aye, basically just means OM pays us next summer instead of now. Means we can say "look how much we spent!  :frantic:"  while probably also bringing the fee down for Thauvin a bit.

Why are we loaning him out when we've just given them thirteen million?

Isn't it a loan with an obligation to buy?

Aye, basically just means OM pays us next summer instead of now. Means we can say "look how much we spent!  :frantic:"  while probably also bringing the fee down for Thauvin a bit.

he'll have to play a certain number of games, which means if he's utter shite they can stop the deal