Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest covmag

I think anything under 50k is a good start and could do with getting hammered as that will put a few off and let the rot set in early

If it’s not under 50k I will give up, this boycott has been well advertised so there’s no excuse.

The crowd will be upwards of 45k easily. Like it or not, the boycott has completely lost it’s momentum with the 3 signings, especially after they looked so exciting yesterday.

I still take massive issue with people on here claiming that the match going fans are “sheep” or “the problem” or whatever. Are they fuck. They’re just people, families, old men, young couples, kids etc who enjoy going to the match and won’t let Ashley’s running of the club deter them from doing what they enjoy. Perhaps life is too short to get quite as militant as people on here want the whole fan base to be.

It has gone way to far on here and on twitter with the name calling of people going to the match. Seen some fella getting stick for taking his kid to the game yesterday. Ridiculous

I would like to know the percentage of people on here who went to the game

A. Before Ashley

B. During Ashley

Bet less than half are not regular match going fans

I wont be going to the Arsenal game for the record

Yep. I'm expecting 48-50k easily. A boycott is just never ever going to work here. People just won't stop going regardless. Sooner I and everyone accepts that the easier life will be. The 3 signings worked a treat like Ashley knows how to play them

Life is too short to get worked up hating people and wishing the club you support to lose. I'm out the burn it all down camp and I'm in the not going to any games until Ashley has gone but will just follow the results online camp.

I hope we stay up mainly as them small time cunts down the road will be desperate for us to go down and anything that gives them pleasure I want the opposite. Especially as it would only be down to one man again and not a true reflection of NUFC

I went to a handful of single games in the late 90 and then had a shared season ticket 2001-2005. I went to about  50% of home and away games by just buying single tickets 2005-2013. Then 2013-2016 I didn't go to any as I'd had enough of Ashley.

Rafa got me back in and I again went to about half of all home and away games 2016-2018. I haven't been to a match since Huddersfield at home 31st March 2018 and I won't until Ashley leaves.

I know it’ll make people angry but I took my little lad to the game yesterday. He’s only 4 but he was absolutely buzzing by the whole experience. I don’t plan on going much this season (gave up the season ticket) but I absolutely do not blame anyone for going.

At the end of the day, when Rafa (and Perez and Rondon) left I felt that there was nothing worth supporting anymore. Watching them yesterday I realised that I’m actually really really fond of a lot of our players...Almiron, Schär, Longstaff, Dubravka...plus the excitement of the new guys. There’s still a lot to support there. Dare I say it, it was actually quite exciting how we played, especially in the second half. Loads of pace.

Yes, we have a very under qualified manager, but I’m not sure my connection to NUFC was as “Rafa only” as I thought it was a few weeks back.

I know it’ll make people angry but I took my little lad to the game yesterday. He’s only 4 but he was absolutely buzzing by the whole experience. I don’t plan on going much this season (gave up the season ticket) but I absolutely do not blame anyone for going.

At the end of the day, when Rafa (and Perez and Rondon) left I felt that there was nothing worth supporting anymore. Watching them yesterday I realised that I’m actually really really fond of a lot of our players...Almiron, Schär, Longstaff, Dubravka...plus the excitement of the new guys. There’s still a lot to support there. Dare I say it, it was actually quite exciting how we played, especially in the second half. Loads of pace.

Yes, we have a very under qualified manager, but I’m not sure my connection to NUFC was as “Rafa only” as I thought it was a few weeks back.

Who gives a toss who it made angry. Had a good day with your little lad. That's what matters

Yep. I'm expecting 48-50k easily. A boycott is just never ever going to work here. People just won't stop going regardless. Sooner I and everyone accepts that the easier life will be. The 3 signings worked a treat like Ashley knows how to play them

Life is too short to get worked up hating people and wishing the club you support to lose. I'm out the burn it all down camp and I'm in the not going to any games until Ashley has gone but will just follow the results online camp.

I hope we stay up mainly as them small time cunts down the road will be desperate for us to go down and anything that gives them pleasure I want the opposite. Especially as it would only be down to one man again and not a true reflection of NUFC

Agree with a lot of this but who gives a fuck what the morlocks think?

The crowd will be upwards of 45k easily. Like it or not, the boycott has completely lost it’s momentum with the 3 signings, especially after they looked so exciting yesterday.

I still take massive issue with people on here claiming that the match going fans are “sheep” or “the problem” or whatever. Are they f***. They’re just people, families, old men, young couples, kids etc who enjoy going to the match and won’t let Ashley’s running of the club deter them from doing what they enjoy. Perhaps life is too short to get quite as militant as people on here want the whole fan base to be.

Mike Ashley likes this.

I still take massive issue with people on here claiming that the match going fans are “sheep” or “the problem” or whatever. Are they f***. They’re just people, families, old men, young couples, kids etc who enjoy going to the match and won’t let Ashley’s running of the club deter them from doing what they enjoy. Perhaps life is too short to get quite as militant as people on here want the whole fan base to be.

Mike Ashley likes this.

Perhaps he does. :shrug:

Willingly supporting a guy who denigrates the club and city. What a trooper.

I’m not willingly supporting a guy specifically...have you even read my posts? I’m saying that there is a lot more to support there than I thought there was. I was previously of the opinion that Rafa was the only thing keeping me interested. But yesterday proved I was wrong. There is a really good squad of likeable and decent players there to support.

So much anger. I couldn't keep carrying that level of resentment and anger. Feel better for it already.

Ashley is going nowhere anytime soon. Boycotts/protests won't ever catch on enough and there will always be 45k plus turning up in the PL regardless.

Accept that then act accordingly. I'm a armchair fan hoping they do ok so there is a club in a half decent state to go back to when Ashley leaves. Even though that could easily be 5 or 10 years at least.

I’m not willingly supporting a guy specifically...have you even read my posts? I’m saying that there is a lot more to support there than I thought there was. I was previously of the opinion that Rafa was the only thing keeping me interested. But yesterday proved I was wrong. There is a really good squad of likeable and decent players there to support.

Yeah likeable and decent squad thanks to Rafa.

I honestly think if Rafa hadn’t turned our sinking ship around we’d be in League 1 right now.

Can you imagine if Rafa hadn’t came and asked for the Newcastle job who Ashley would have got with us going down to the Championship.

For us to be a midtable Premier League club right now being able to splash the cash is due to Rafa.

Mike just ran the man who did that for the club out of town.

And has since tried to trash that mans name.

Unforgivable.

I’m not willingly supporting a guy specifically ...have you even read my posts? I’m saying that there is a lot more to support there than I thought there was. I was previously of the opinion that Rafa was the only thing keeping me interested. But yesterday proved I was wrong. There is a really good squad of likeable and decent players there to support.

Your use of the word 'specifically' doesn't really add anything here. You are supporting Ashley, whilst also supporting the players.

Presumably seeing your little lad enjoying the day is more important to you than the long-term goal of having a better club? I can understand that I suppose, just seems very short-termist. For someone to have taken the sacrifice of cancelling their season ticket, then to immediately relinquish that principle by paying £20-25 or whatever it was for a couple of friendly tickets, just seems ridiculously counter-productive to me.

I was 7 the first time my Dad took me to a football game, but then we lived 90 miles away from SJP (the fact it was a Newcastle game isn't really relevant because we're talking more about the excuse of father-son bonding; an unworthy excuse in my eyes). So I suppose your being there comes back to that point Wullie keeps making about the ground being so very accessible.