West Ham United vs Newcastle United - Sat 18th Jan @ 3.00pm

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

I dunno, it was 50-50 when he got fired. The real reason we were so shit was because of Ashley and JFK

I was thinking more of the players he brought in. The fathead managed to makes us one of most paceless teams i can remember in the Premiership.

Lets be honest, we didn't know Geremi had aged 10 years in a year. He did bring in decent defensive players.

..Sam's big downfall was his buying record. No manager gets it right all the time but Sam signed nine players and only two — Abdoulaye Faye and Habib Beye — could be considered successes. That's not a great percentage. Jose Mourinho told me last season that Geremi's legs had effectively gone. "Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again," was Jose's typically forthright response.

Naturally, I was alarmed to read that Newcastle wanted to sign Geremi. I passed on my information to someone at the club (this was before Mike Ashley took over) but Geremi still ended up signing. In fact, Sam made him captain

-Sir Bobby Robson

Lets be honest, we didn't know Geremi had aged 10 years in a year. He did bring in decent defensive players.

..Sam's big downfall was his buying record. No manager gets it right all the time but Sam signed nine players and only two — Abdoulaye Faye and Habib Beye — could be considered successes. That's not a great percentage. Jose Mourinho told me last season that Geremi's legs had effectively gone. "Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again," was Jose's typically forthright response.

Naturally, I was alarmed to read that Newcastle wanted to sign Geremi. I passed on my information to someone at the club (this was before Mike Ashley took over) but Geremi still ended up signing. In fact, Sam made him captain

-Sir Bobby Robson

He signed Jose Enrique as well, arguably our best ever left back.

Guest neesy111

Geremi was class in that spell under Keegan. Don't know why Allardyce made him captain though

Spoke the most languages IIRC.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Larsson is terrible when he isn't able to do 1 of the 2 things he's good at - cross the ball, or shoot from free kicks.

Wrong Thread?

Guest neesy111

Geremi was class in that spell under Keegan. Don't know why Allardyce made him captain though

Spoke the most languages IIRC.  :lol:

:lol: That old reason

His nickname was Nelson Mandela.

Larsson is terrible when he isn't able to do 1 of the 2 things he's good at - cross the ball, or shoot from free kicks.

Wrong Thread?

Probably, though ironically if you replace Larsson with Geremi in that sentence then there you go

Wrong Thread?

Probably, though ironically if you replace Larsson with Geremi in that sentence then there you go

Aha! That's what I was going for. You lot need to catch up.