West Ham 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 18/01/2014 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Neil

So is Ben Arfa when he's getting a decent run in the side and has been involved in the preparations for the game, not just tossed on at some random minute and being asked to "make some magic."

I'm pretty certain a large portion of our fanbase are Men in Black style mind wiped every time he's dropped for running a ball out of play.

Guest bimpy474

I love hatem but he was terrible. What's more, he didn't look arsed which is unusual.

Not surprised tbh he knows even if he has a blinder he's back on the bench next game.It's pathetic.

Also don't agree with people saying he was terrible, not that I think he was good...just think it's unfair to make any judgement till he's given more than 10/15mins.

His morale must be rock bottom now and I'm fairly sure he'll follow Cabaye out the door.  Mostly down to our managers stupidity/inability to find him a role.

Ben Arfa hasn't had a blinder in a while. It's hard to justify giving him any more time on the pitch at the moment.

:jesuswept:

What? He needs to make the most of the time he does get on the pitch. His recent cameos have been poor. He's not done anything to suggest we should rejig the side to accommodate him.

Does he need to take on the entire team and score a goal every time he's on the pitch? He won the free kick for our last goal yesterday. How many 'blinders' have Sissoko and Gouffran played recently? He's judged on a completely different scale to the rest of our players. It hardly helps him when he's getting subbed on last so he's coming on in a weakened team too.

Aye, he gets given so much leeway on here it's incredible.

He's done nothing to suggest he deserves a start. He's came on, ran down blind alleys, given the ball away and shot when he should've passed. He can do better.

What has Gouffran done to suggest that he deserves to start? And Gouffran has been given a lot more time than HBA ever would in the same situation

Gouffran is a team player.

Better at defending than Hatem would be it, i reckon.

Guest neesy111

The Ben Arfa situation is the only thing I agree with Pardew 100% on.  It's always about Ben Arfa when he plays and not the team.

I love hatem but he was terrible. What's more, he didn't look arsed which is unusual.

Not surprised tbh he knows even if he has a blinder he's back on the bench next game.It's pathetic.

Also don't agree with people saying he was terrible, not that I think he was good...just think it's unfair to make any judgement till he's given more than 10/15mins.

His morale must be rock bottom now and I'm fairly sure he'll follow Cabaye out the door.  Mostly down to our managers stupidity/inability to find him a role.

Ben Arfa hasn't had a blinder in a while. It's hard to justify giving him any more time on the pitch at the moment.

What? He needs to make the most of the time he does get on the pitch. His recent cameos have been poor. He's not done anything to suggest we should rejig the side to accommodate him.

Does he need to take on the entire team and score a goal every time he's on the pitch? He won the free kick for our last goal yesterday. How many 'blinders' have Sissoko and Gouffran played recently? He's judged on a completely different scale to the rest of our players. It hardly helps him when he's getting subbed on last so he's coming on in a weakened team too.

He's done nothing to suggest he deserves a start. He's came on, ran down blind alleys, given the ball away and shot when he should've passed. He can do better.

What has Gouffran done to suggest that he deserves to start? And Gouffran has been given a lot more time than HBA ever would in the same situation

That gives him an excuse to be shit then?

Which is ridiculous because we play with Tiote, Cabaye and Anita which give more defensively than probably any other trio in the entire league.

But nah its not enough we have to play two more grafters who more often than not don't offer anywhere near what Hatem offers.

FYI i wouldn't drop Gouffran, Sissoko would be the one but its not the point.

Guest bimpy474

Which is ridiculous because we play with Tiote, Cabaye and Anita which give more defensively than probably any other trio in the entire league.

But nah its not enough we have to play two more grafters who more often than not don't offer anywhere near what Hatem offers.

FYI i wouldn't drop Gouffran, Sissoko would be the one but its not the point.

It is but Pardew is a manager who expects it of all the players. Now i dont disagree to an extent but you dont look at attacking players and think about their defensive capabilities first. Which i think he does. I wont slag off Pardew for wanting the team to be collective in defending, imo it goes too far in that direction, to the detriment of the attacking side of the team as we've seen at times.

What's very annoying, is the fact we are very close to being a very good team, a bit more ambition from the owner and more positive manager we could be something special. In fact we could even do that under Pardew, taking the first half at Wham for example shows Pardew is capable of having us playing excellent attacking footy. But his limitation are clear to see, personally i think they're in his head and he wont overcome them.

:lol:

Imagine you are Sissoko, making a run, you are free, no one marking you and you can make a free cross if Hatem picks you up...

and he is dribbling on his own, ignoring you (he knows you are there)

whats your feeling then :lol:

Good job Hatem? Thanks for ignoring me? I am shit and I deserve this? :lol:

People are fucking ridiculous on this. I know Hatem is fucking talented but some of his decisions are nothing but ridiculous, and very disrespectful to his teammates :lol:

Someone posted the stats yesterday so blame them if I am wrong but Gouffran has 6 goals and 3 assists in 22 games this season. That isn't bad at all for someone who has played one cup game up front.

Then you factor in how hard he works and the protection he gives his full back which has let Debuchy become one of the best in the league.

He may deserve a rest, can't argue with that but anyone seriously suggesting he should be dropped needs to be taken out and shot, imo.

Someone posted the stats yesterday so blame them if I am wrong but Gouffran has 6 goals and 3 assists in 22 games this season. That isn't bad at all for someone who has played one cup game up front.

He may deserve a rest, can't argue with that but anyone seriously suggesting he should be dropped needs to be taken out and shot, imo.

He hasn't played well in ages

Guest neesy111

I'm a big gouffran fan but he hasn't played well in a while imo.

He hasn't played well in ages

He has been worked into the ground, still got an assist yesterday though.

He doesn't literally try to take their entire defence on every-time he has to ball you know? If Sissoko made an attacking run, was free with noone marking him them I'm 100% certain that Hatem would try to pick him out.

Watch yesterday game again.  He ignored Sissoko run on the right.  He even took a look on Sissoko and then did the rest himself.

Guest bimpy474

Sissoko gave the ball away more than anyone yesterday watching the game back. Not the best comparison like, especially when he had a player outside him in a good position 2nd half and decided to shoot from 80 yards.

Guest bimpy474

He doesn't literally try to take their entire defence on every-time he has to ball you know? If Sissoko made an attacking run, was free with noone marking him them I'm 100% certain that Hatem would try to pick him out.

Watch yesterday game again.  He ignored Sissoko run on the right.  He even took a look on Sissoko and then did the rest himself.

Sissoko did exactly the same thing yesterday.

I'm a big gouffran fan but he hasn't played well in a while imo.

I was a huge fan of Ba, physically and metaphorically but Gouffran has been light years ahead when played out of position. He will have dips in form when he is played every game and out wide.

If Pardew plays him through the centre he will be a much more effective player imo, he also needs a rest as does Sissoko. If only we had a brilliant wide player desperate for a game.