West Ham 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 18/01/2014 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Neil

It was Saylor fault though, he got under the ball and missed the clearing header.

Krul was stuttering as well off his line mind. I thought he could have done better, bit quicker and stronger.

Was just a very sloppy goal to concede all around, especially the timing of it.

Aye, it's a lack of concentration goal. Really annoying as it changes our mindset and more importantly our managers mindset. And not for the better.

Aye, when that went in I thought it's back to the wall job again here. Yet we came out put a great move together and nearly got a 3rd. West Ham then got more pressure on and the sub of Anita just meant they picked up everything in the middle of the park, very poor sub that was. We coped well with their threat though, god knows why fat sam doesn't just target the wings and get more crosses in, that was their best threat but they did little of it.

Out of interest, did the people complaining about Shola coming on watch the game? In the second half West Ham were bypassing the midfield by launching the ball over them. Anita wasn't as involved in the second half as he was in the first half. Shola actually won headers from Krul's kicks (we'd won next to none before he came on). Shola helped us hold on to the ball longer. Is Shola great? No but until we get a striker who can win aerial battles and hold up the ball he's unfortunately the best we've got at doing that.

Spot on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Some of our football in the first half was some of the best I've seen from us in years, dating all the way back to Sir Bobby's days. We toyed with them and could of had 4 or 5 but despite all that, under Pardew, nothing is ever conclusive! Once again we go in after the break too deep and with a game plan to contain and see things out.

And its getting really fucking tiresome, as is seeing the likes of Shola coming on, especially for someone like Anita who was one of our better players and whose place in the team meant in midfield we had the upper hand. By removing him for Shola you basically help them get a foot-hold in midfield and influence your own team to look long to Shola. That second-half was awful to watch and demoralising because the first half we were fucking brilliant.

Under a less cowardly, more positive, more tactically astute manager we would ru  out emphatic winners by the 70 minute margin. As things stood we surrendered most of the second-half to one of the worst side's I've ever seen in terms of their first-half performance meaning right up until the very death, we were hanging on in there to nick those 3 points and it could all have been ever so different even with a different attitude.

Someone like KK in charge after that frst-half performance, never mind their goal, would have sent us out to destroy them, to finish them off. Pardew at half-time shit himself and sent the team-out in a negative frame of mind, to hang on in there, to make sure they didn't get back into it. Fuck that shit man, it is the difference between this group of quality infdividuals finishing at worst mid-table to 8th at best and seriously challenging for a CL place and maybe even a fucking cup.

He can fuck off, Shola for Anita? :lol: :(

West Ham Matt wrote:

3-1 what can you say. They were much much better than us.

****ing get rid of this ****

I wish someone would get rid of you. You are tiresome and a bigger **** than anyone out there on the pitch or in the dug out.

If you was sitting near me at a game or in a boozer spouting the **** you have been for the past few weeks I would have smashed you about the place by now, and would probably find it very hard to stop.

You are far more depressing than anything that has gone on the pitch this season you absolute ****ing prick.

:lol: Fucking PROPA GEEZERS on there

Out of interest, did the people complaining about Shola coming on watch the game? In the second half West Ham were bypassing the midfield by launching the ball over them. Anita wasn't as involved in the second half as he was in the first half. Shola actually won headers from Krul's kicks (we'd won next to none before he came on). Shola helped us hold on to the ball longer. Is Shola great? No but until we get a striker who can win aerial battles and hold up the ball he's unfortunately the best we've got at doing that.

Spot on.

Some of that is true, we did actually improve when Shola is on, however it illustrates one of the problem's of Pardew's brand of football, we should be imposing good football on the game and winning by keeping the ball, why should we suddenly try and compete with them on long ball stakes? We might have lost doing htat, instead we should be competing of quality on the ground which we were clearly better.

Second half they predictably up their game, the answer should have been to make a change to freshen up the attack, make them able to press their defense a lot more, in the first half their wings were a liability, if we'd kept some threat up there they wouldn't have been free to run down the wings and launch balls into the box. Yes we got more knockdowns from Shola, but we frequently gave the ball away and they ran down the other end.

We need to learn to impose ourselves better, rather than reacting and trying to out hoof teams ffs. Our 3rd goal came from Ben Arfa keeping ball down, being fouled trying to play football and what do you know we score.

Guest Howaythetoon

We improved when Shola came on? As soon as he ran onto the pitch we started hitting it long to him man. He was totally ineffective and due to his presence alone, helped to shape our own game in a detrimental way. That and the cowardly tactics of the manager.

Out of interest, did the people complaining about Shola coming on watch the game? In the seconld half West Ham were bypassing the midfield by launching the ball over them. Anita wasn't as involved in the second half as he was in the first half. Shola actually won headers from Krul's kicks (we'd won next to none before he came on). Shola helped us hold on to the ball longer. Is Shola great? No but until we get a striker who can win aerial battles and hold up the ball he's unfortunately the best we've got at doing that.

Spot on.

I agree. Thought I was at a different game reading the thread. I like Anita but he gave the ball away quite a lot and if others pulled out of tackles like he does, there would be an outcry on here. Shoal won almost everything in the air and every pass stuck to him.

Trying to find out if we're going to sign Cabella.

Out of interest, did the people complaining about Shola coming on watch the game? In the seconld half West Ham were bypassing the midfield by launching the ball over them. Anita wasn't as involved in the second half as he was in the first half. Shola actually won headers from Krul's kicks (we'd won next to none before he came on). Shola helped us hold on to the ball longer. Is Shola great? No but until we get a striker who can win aerial battles and hold up the ball he's unfortunately the best we've got at doing that.

Spot on.

I agree. Thought I was at a different game reading the thread. I like Anita but he gave the ball away quite a lot and if others pulled out of tackles like he does, there would be an outcry on here. Shoal won almost everything in the air and every pass stuck to him.

Good man :thup:

Guest strongbow69

Spot on.

I don't agree with this in any way shape or form , if they launch over the midfield , trust your defenders to pass it out to your own midfield instead and continue the shape and attacking intent you had and continue the dominance you achieved in the first half

Some of that is true, we did actually improve when Shola is on, however it illustrates one of the problem's of Pardew's brand of football, we should be imposing good football on the game and winning by keeping the ball, why should we suddenly try and compete with them on long ball stakes? We might have lost doing htat, instead we should be competing of quality on the ground which we were clearly better.

Exactly.

On a related note, watching Krul come up to the halfway line to take our free kicks is really fucking cringeworthy.

It's all well and good to say "if they launch over the midfield , trust your defenders to pass it out to your own midfield instead and continue the shape and attacking intent you had and continue the dominance you achieved in the first half" but Anita went off on the 60th minute and our midfield weren't passing well or keeping the ball very well in the second half.

Awful. Score flatters us. Brilliant first half, dreadful the second. Had enough of Pardew's negativity.

West Ham fan?

No we were awful second half, impossible to deny. We invited pressure and they duly obliged. Shola and Dummett subs were pointless and negative, I fucking hate Shola and Pardcunt's constant obsession with him. Anita was brilliant today and got dragged off for that pointless oaf. Gouffran needs to drop out of side for HBA now as well, another game where he was anonymous and did fuck all.

Awful. Score flatters us. Brilliant first half, dreadful the second. Had enough of Pardew's negativity.

West Ham fan?

No we were awful second half, impossible to deny. We invited pressure and they duly obliged. Shola and Dummett subs were pointless and negative, I f***ing hate Shola and Pardcunt's constant obsession with him. Anita was brilliant today and got dragged off for that pointless oaf. Gouffran needs to drop out of side for HBA now as well, another game where he was anonymous and did f*** all.

Gouffran provided the assist for the first goal.