West Ham 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 18/01/2014 - Post-match reaction from page 37

Neil

Demba Ba's link up play was very good when being played out of position like, better than Gouffran's.

I like Gouffran and the fact he's popped in with a decent goal haul from the wing this season has been invaluable, but he's not a winger. That being said I'd still drop Sissoko long before him, if only to free up the right wing spot. It should really be Remy Gouffran HBA.

So just how penatrative was Sissoko's run? I cannot remember it tbh. I can remember Ben Arfa being fairly poor on the ball in the game like, he certainly didn't play well when he was on. I'm not going to let that affect my opinion though as I know exactly what he's capable of.

Gouffran looks exactly what he is - a hard working forward playing in an unnatural wide slot. He did alright yesterday I thought, but obviously we'd benefit from having a natural wide player out there instead.

Guest bimpy474

Sissoko did exactly the same thing yesterday.

That doesn't count though, it only counts when it's Ben Arfa.

Of course...

Need a gif of that Willo cryuff turn

I thought my cup of tea had been spiked when i seen that, surely it didn't actually happen?

Willos composure on the ball of late, his passing have both been superb. Couple that with Tiotes return to form and captaining the side, nobody could have predicted it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2541377/West-Ham-1-Newcastle-3-match-report-Yohan-Cabaye-Loic-Remy-pile-misery-Hammers-boss-Sam-Allardyce.html

Is he really talking about us!!

"At times, their imagination was sublime, their accuracy a thing of wonder. Inspired by the wonderfully influential Cabaye, given security by Cheick Tiote and point by Loic Remy, they played their football in beguiling triangles; flitting into telling space, working the ball, reducing West Ham to a bewildered scamper."

About Carroll

"Seven minutes later, Allardyce reached for his nuclear option and Andy Carroll came bustling off the bench. In less stressful times, he would not be close to the first team after his protracted absence, but on he came to bump into a few people, win a few headers and miss a chance which was almost as easy as Cole’s had been.

He also conceded the clumsy free-kick which allowed Cabaye to end the affair. Only a desperate manager could consider using him, but Allardyce’s desperation is now obvious."

Garth Crooks WTF:

MIDFIELDER - YOHAN CABAYE (Newcastle)

Yohan Cabaye

This lad is playing out of his skin, and what is more, he is scoring some fabulous goals. Last week, Newcastle felt so aggrieved because of a disallowed goal that they allowed their game to fall apart. Not so this week. Manager Alan Pardew and his team kept it together, and look what happened - three points in the bag against West Ham.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25803687

Guest bimpy474

Garth Crooks WTF:

Yohan Cabaye

This lad is playing out of his skin, and what is more, he is scoring some fabulous goals. Last week, Newcastle felt so aggrieved because of a disallowed goal that they allowed their game to fall apart. Not so this week. Manager Alan Pardew and his team kept it together, and look what happened - three points in the bag against West Ham.

What in the all the what the fucks in the world does Garth mean. What a fucking clueless spacktard.

I hate Garth Crooks, not only for his huge lack of football knowledge but also that he has convinced people at the BBC to believe him.

Garth > all

It's not even his most absurd comment either :lol:

I do not always agree with Robbie Savage. In fact, I seldom agree with anything he says, but on Saturday he said on Final Score that he thought Yaya Toure was currently the best midfield player in the world. Having seen another super display of pace, power, goals and control from the BBC African Footballer of the Year against Cardiff, I find myself agreeing with every word. Scary!

Garth Crooks WTF:

Yohan Cabaye

I'm disappointed in his uncle Ben that he allowed Garth to write this without checking it first

There was a great anecdote from an e-mail on the Tuesday Club podcast a while back about Garth who'd always go into the BBC studio to watch Spurs play even on a Sunday when there was no Final Score (:lol:) and cheer them on enthusiastically. When they lost to Stoke a few years ago apparently he started sobbing uncontrollably and had to be consoled by the make up lady :lol::lol:

There was a great anecdote from an e-mail on the Tuesday Club podcast a while back about Garth who'd always go into the BBC studio to watch Spurs play even on a Sunday when there was no Final Score (:lol:) and cheer them on enthusiastically. When they lost to Stoke a few years ago apparently he started sobbing uncontrollably and had to be consoled by the make up lady :lol::lol:

:lol: Oh so he's genuinely mentally unbalanced, what a shock.

Just watching this again: dat second goal :megusta:

Kept the ball for the best part of a minute and think there were 14 passes made, taking us up the right and back again before Sissoko's eventual cross.

Some great individual passes in there too: Mapou through the legs for Sissoko, then Sissoko's raker out to Cabaye, Anita's first-time pass to Sissoko and the cross. Best team goal of the season or am I forgetting one?

Just watching this again: dat second goal :megusta:

Kept the ball for the best part of a minute and think there were 14 passes made, taking us up the right and back again before Sissoko's eventual cross.

Some great individual passes in there too: Mapou through the legs for Sissoko, then Sissoko's raker out to Cabaye, Anita's first-time pass to Sissoko and the cross. Best team goal of the season or am I forgetting one?

Cabaye's vs Stoke was class but admittedly against nine men. I think this one probably shades it.