The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Crazy that they smashed us twice.

They fight, to be fair to them. We don't even have that.

They'd never be in trouble if they played 38 the way they play 2.

You'll hate me for saying it, but they'd never be in trouble if they got to play you every week.

No one would go down if they played us every week.

:lol: It's easy to forget how terrible we are when we're not playing.

Crazy that they smashed us twice.

They fight, to be fair to them. We don't even have that.

They'd never be in trouble if they played 38 the way they play 2.

You'll hate me for saying it, but they'd never be in trouble if they got to play you every week.

:lol: This is more of that Go Tribe s***. This is the ugly side of leffe that usually doesn't exist in this section. I'm glad more people can see it.

:lol: Go Tribe is ultimately ironic. I'm a cuddly bunny.

Spurs play much better football under Sherwood, even if the results haven't been enough of an improvement.

They've been really s*** to watch at times under him as well, so can't say I agree.

Like when? They've been far, far more attacking.

Against any of the top teams they've played. I don't watch them against the smaller clubs, but they weren't good against any of the top teams. Especially the game against Chelsea where they were very poor.

Spurs play much better football under Sherwood, even if the results haven't been enough of an improvement.

Only against the poor sides, where the players' class tells. Against decent managers he gets completely out-thought. It happened against, for example, Palace and Southampton, where they both could have had the games won by halftime but we clawed our way back.

Do you not think he approaches the games in quite a positive way, though? He's obviously tactically naïve but at least he not stifling the players with pragmatism. I've really enjoyed watching Spurs since he took over.

They're 7 adrift, as long as Everton turn up and whack them then they'll be struggling to get another 7 points all season. That's even factoring in Norwich losing their last 5 on the spin.

They're not dead yet but the priest has arrived and got his bible out.

Only against the poor sides, where the players' class tells. Against decent managers he gets completely out-thought. It happened against, for example, Palace and Southampton, where they both could have had the games won by halftime but we clawed our way back.

Do you not think he approaches the games in quite a positive way, though? He's obviously tactically naïve but at least he not stifling the players with pragmatism. I've really enjoyed watching Spurs since he took over.

I think there's something in that, although against better sides it's compromised because you need more. There are echoes of Redknapp, although minus a lot of experience and savvy. I think he approaches games in a positive way because he doesn't have the knowledge to be tactical/defensive, and he expects his players to do a lot of the thinking for him. That suits people like Adebayor, who end up essentially doing whatever they want on the pitch, and Eriksen, who has football intelligence in spades. It doesn't suit most of the team though - people like Rose, Walker, Naughton, Lennon who are adequate in many ways but really need to be told what to do and when to do it.

I think it's different to put out an attacking team on the paper and making your team attack probably. It feels like he wants his team to play offensively, but he just looks way out of his depth.

I mean they've only scored more than one goal in a game 4 times in the PL this year (2014). That was against us, Sunderland, a rattled Swansea side and then the good win the other week against Soton. I think they would've been better off with AVB.

I think it's different to put out an attacking team on the paper and making your team attack probably. It feels like he wants his team to play offensively, but he just looks way out of his depth.

I mean they've only scored more than one goal in a game 4 times in the PL this year (2014). That was against us, Sunderland, a rattled Swansea side and then the good win the other week against Soton. I think they would've been better off with AVB.

They couldn't score goals under AVB after Bale left, though. Even against crap.

They couldn't score goals under AVB, though. Even against crap.

True, but heard that they were 6p off 4th when he got sacked and now they're more than that no? (at least if Everton wins I think).