The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't surprise me to see Barca go headhunting on Merseyside this summer.

It'd surprise me; they can't sign anyone, can they?

They'll get it delayed via an appeal.

Didn't know Martino was finished at end of season. Barca really need to figure out a plan. Have been treading water this season.

He's out of his depth.

Been defending him, but after seeing Barcelona play Cesc for 5 straight games while whipping crosses in from everywhere I think he's done. Thought he'd do better, but he's just not supposed to manage a team like Barcelona.

Think I got crucified for saying this a few weeks ago btw :lol:

Didn't know Martino was finished at end of season. Barca really need to figure out a plan. Have been treading water this season.

He's out of his depth.

Been defending him, but after seeing Barcelona play Cesc for 5 straight games while whipping crosses in from everywhere I think he's done. Thought he'd do better, but he's just not supposed to manage a team like Barcelona.

Yeah, I wasn't sure it was him who kept forcing them to cross those fucking balls in. He's come at the worst time for the club, but there's no way it's Dani and Alba who have decided to cross it over and over again. Must be coming from management. Therefore I think you were right :thup:

Benfica 3-1 Porto (Portuguese Cup semi-finals, 2nd leg)

16' Salvio scores (1-0)

27' Siqueira sent off (Benfica down to 10 men already)

Only god knowns when, but around 47' Varela scores (1-1)

50' Enzo scores (2-1 to Benfica)

79' André Gomes (3-1)

84' Jorge Jesus sent off

86' Porto manager sent off (nobody knows his name, not relevant)

88' Quaresma sent off (after 61', both teams have an equal number of players again)

3-2 on aggregate, Benfica does an epic remontada playing with 10 men most of the game and Jesus is now the god of Lisbon!

He's out of his depth.

Yeah, I wasn't sure it was him who kept forcing them to cross those fucking balls in. He's come at the worst time for the club, but there's no way it's Dani and Alba who have decided to cross it over and over again. Must be coming from management. Therefore I think you were right :thup:

I just felt he wasn't 'big' enough for the job tbh and was failing to get performances when more experienced managers in European football probably would be. Not happy being right about him mind, hate seeing Real win things.

He's out of his depth.

Yeah, I wasn't sure it was him who kept forcing them to cross those f***ing balls in. He's come at the worst time for the club, but there's no way it's Dani and Alba who have decided to cross it over and over again. Must be coming from management. Therefore I think you were right :thup:

I just felt he wasn't 'big' enough for the job tbh and was failing to get performances when more experienced managers in European football probably would be. Not happy being right about him mind, hate seeing Real win things.

:thup: They really need a motivator.

16' Salvio scores (1-0)

79' André Gomes (3-1)

84' Jorge Jesus sent off

88' Quaresma sent off (after 61', both teams have an equal number of players again)

3-2 on aggregate, Benfica does an epic remontada playing with 10 men most of the game and Jesus is now the god of Lisbon!

Happy for you guys, great memories last season in your city.

16' Salvio scores (1-0)

79' André Gomes (3-1)

84' Jorge Jesus sent off

How'd your fancy your chances in the Europa Lge this year?

Mackems had 100% more shots than we managed down at City.

Probably more goal chances than we've had in all of 2014. We're f***ing horrible, could've easily been us going down tbh, Cabaye and Remy has saved us.

The equivalent of saying Gerrard & Suarez saved Liverpool from the Europa League tbf.

Well, I'm back from pill-induced sopor. We were terrible yet somehow managed to stay in the final somehow until the end. Maybe Real Madrid are terrible too, but if we manage to at least postpone the ban and get a decent manager and the players we need in, we should be able to be back there next season.

Also the WC will be over and Messi will maybe start running again...

Well, I'm back from pill-induced sopor. We were terrible yet somehow managed to stay in the final somehow until the end. Maybe Real Madrid are terrible too, but if we manage to at least postpone the ban and get a decent manager and the players we need in, we should be able to be back there next season.

He looked sick as a chip :lol:

Mind, if i was as good as him and i seen a million crosses being whipped into the box when i'm dwarfed by two 6ft plus defenders, i'd be sick as a chip too.

He literally didn't even go in the box second half, just stood outside it in some sort of huff  :huff:  :lol:

Can't believe Madrid won playing a 4-4-2. Bale had a decent game and scored a super goal but wouldn't it had made more sense for him to play wide and Isco off the front man? Wasn't like Bale was trying to get in behind you guys.

Madrid have been at their best this season when they've gone to play their natural game. I guess the loss to Barca and Dortmund away has made Ancelotti change gears in big games. Madrid tore Atleti apart in the cup but that's been the only times they've been able to do it against a top side.

Alonso's lack of mobility is becoming a real issue.

Can't believe Madrid won playing a 4-4-2. Bale had a decent game and scored a super goal but wouldn't it had made more sense for him to play wide and Isco off the front man? Wasn't like Bale was trying to get in behind you guys.

Madrid have been at their best this season when they've gone to play their natural game. I guess the loss to Barca and Dortmund away has made Ancelotti change gears in big games. Madrid tore Atleti apart in the cup but that's been the only times they've been able to do it against a top side.

Alonso's lack of mobility is becoming a real issue.

Dropping Isco back into the deeper role proved to be a masterclass decision, he was superb at picking up the ball and then picking out the intelligent passes out to start quick counters.

So much love for Isco  :love:

I was surprised though as you say that he didn't have Isco and Bale wide men with Di Maria in the deeper role in which he was so good in the previous match against Barca. The 4-4-2 did counter really well though and were solid enough defensively to stop a poor Barca. Won't be long for Madrid till Alonso is fazed out, he's becoming less and less involved in the big games, Modric helps him out so much.

Isco and Modric are two of my favourite players to watch. 

Alonso's an intelligent player. He made some remarks that he doesn't think the midfield is tough enough. That midfield 3 of Alonso Modric and Di Maria that worked so well for awhile though.

I thought Modric was struggling at first and might not cut it but he's really turned himself around now. Isco's had an unfortunate season where he's struggled to find a position for him in the side, hate seeing him on the bench but then sometimes you look at the line-up and there's not much choice. Whenever he's been called upon he's rarely let them down though, has adapted very well given he’s in and out a lot.

Alonso is becoming more of a liability, made the same remarks for Xavi and Barca last season when i couldn't believe they weren't giving Thiago more game time instead of him. I'd like to Illarramendi come in for Alonso more rather than beside, fresher legs but also got the eye for an intelligent pass.