The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Wtf. Howard should have saved that.

Nah, it's a brilliant header.  Perfectly placed with the right pace.

It was a good header but Howard did not need to dive like that should have been a routine stop.

:thup:

Something going on today with Howard.

Him being fairly shit probably has something to do with it.

He's been excellent all season. Those aren't even the mistakes he usually makes, generally a good shot stopper with weaknesses in other areas.

Guest neesy111

Didn't realise Hull had sunk so low. Steve Bruce really does not like the second half of the season!

They've got bigger fish to fry.

They're clearly not going down. They looked today like a team who gave it a whirl for about 45 minutes but then started to think about the Cup final.

Not a good way to approach a cup final imo.

It was a good header but Howard did not need to dive like that should have been a routine stop.

He's been excellent all season. Those aren't even the mistakes he usually makes, generally a good shot stopper with weaknesses in other areas.

I know what you mean but that phrase bugs me in reference to goalkeepers, surely being a good shot stopper is the very minimum requirement of any goalkeeper at any level and saying they're a good shot stopper always sounds like damning them with faint praise to me.

I know what you mean but that phrase bugs me in reference to goalkeepers, surely being a good shot stopper is the very minimum requirement of any goalkeeper at any level and saying they're a good shot stopper always sounds like damning them with faint praise to me.

Fair enough. Some are better than others at it obviously, and I've always considered Howard to be one of the better ones. Most of his weaknesses come down to mental mistakes or poor distribution, but otherwise he's a solid Premier League keeper, except for today and last season.

What do people reckon is a better approach when two teams are tied on points. PL's system of GD or La Liga's h-2-h ??

I'll go for the former, because it encourages attacking football and always leaves open possibilities, but some arguments for h-2-h are valid too.

just think if it's h-2-h, it'd encourage too many boring 1-0 and 2-0 wins (yea yea, I know I am a big fan of the latter, but still.)

I assume it's RE: the title - should have a playoff like in Argentina but overall i prefer GD, better indicator of who has been the better over the season and for the reasons mentioned.

Didn't even realise that Swansea played Southampton today, shows what a nothing game that was, or that i'm just oblivious. :lol:

Oh and goal difference, it shows what a teams been like over the whole season, not just one or two games.

Didn't even realise that Swansea played Southampton today, shows what a nothing game that was, or that i'm just oblivious. :lol:

They only went and sealed the fucking league.

Luckily we took home the Dan Gosling Cup.

Guest neesy111

I Remember the football league having goals scored, random.

Think that comes into play if the teams are level on goal difference.

Yeah it does, but in the football league it was just goals scored (in the 90's IIRC) not goal difference.