The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Moyes is clearly better than Pardew, yes.

However unless he's bringing in the exact type of players he wants, I'm not sure what the point would be.

I could see him struggling to integrate the players Pardew has also struggled to integrate.

Pardew I have to say, would probably not look to dissimilar from Moyes at Everton, if he brought in exactly who he wanted.

I would cheese-grate a testicle for Moyes.

:dowie:

Have you seen the f***ing utter w***-stain who's in charge of us now ffs?

Moyes played boring football with Everton, done fuck all in cups and has turned Man Utd in to a laughing stock yet you would cheese grate your own testicle to have him, rather you than me.

I would cheese-grate a testicle for Moyes.

:dowie:

Have you seen the f***ing utter w***-stain who's in charge of us now ffs?

Moyes played boring football with Everton, done fuck all in cups and has turned Man Utd in to a laughing stock yet you would cheese grate your own testicle to have him, rather you than me.

I didn't say I'd cheese-grate my own testicle. I'd cheese-grate yours.

And I'd accept "boring football" if it wasn't boring, counter-productive horse shit that encourages us to get dry bummed whenever we go behind or ahead. Moyes was great at Everton, and I would risk him here over Pardew in a heartbeat.

For all the "I'd get rid of Pardew but we don't know who we'd get in return! It'll be JFK!" it's canny laughable that anyone would turn down Moyes.

You think Pardew would consistently challenge for Europe if he was buying his own players? :lol:

You and i don't know which players he wants. We just see Tomkins and Bent linked in paper then easy to say they are Pardew's because they aren't from France. Can’t really judge who he has and hasn’t signed. One I do know was he wanted Obertan as Beardsley mentioned it in a talk in, so saying this maybe you could be right on that point…

What i do think however is that Moyes is certainly a better manager than Pardew but he wouldn't make us much better. Style of football would be similar, we wouldn't move any higher in the league, the cups would still be rotten and we'd still have Ashley laughing at us.

You think Pardew would consistently challenge for Europe with Everton if he was buying his own players? :lol:

Actually, when you put it that way ...  :lol:

I guess when I think about how the team looked when we had Carroll, Barton and Nolan under his stewardship, we did look a lot more convincing.

I would class these, as more of his types, if you see what I mean.

I don't know. I think if by some miracle we did manage to get rid of Pardew. It would be something of a letdown if we went with Moyes, mostly because our whole setup just doesn't appear to be conducive to allowing him to succeed.

Even at Man U, I was so confident he would struggle, moreso because of the players at the club, and the type of players Man U fans expect to sign. That Mata signing is a classic example. He was already struggling with a similar type in Kagawa, but went out and got the exact same type. It felt a bit like he was signing someone he felt he should.

Poor in the cups, he's just got to a semi-final :pardsgrin:

I'm sure he'll look back on that with great fondness. League Cup Semi Final on his CV.

What about the FA Cup final he got to then? Or the quaters last season, and the semis before that?

s*** in the cups :lol:

You could say that Pardew being a minute away from actually winning the FA Cup with West Ham, is more impressive then the lot of that.  But it's a completely moot point.  They both have won fuck all.

I'm sure he'll look back on that with great fondness. League Cup Semi Final on his CV.

What about the FA Cup final he got too then? Or the quaters last season, and the semis before that?

Blew his champions league chance then went out in first round of Europa? Then repeatedly failed in the Europa league once in it.

Quarters-Semi's, doesn't make a difference from second/third round in hindsight, still got fuck all for your efforts. Just like Pardew and his quarters last year, we never made the final so it doesn't really care for much.

What about the FA Cup final he got to then? Or the quaters last season, and the semis before that?

You could say that Pardew being a minute away from actually winning the FA Cup with West Ham, is more impressive then the lot of that.  But it's a completely moot point.  They both have won fuck all.

I like how you said "it's a completely moot point" and then ended the post with a completely moot point. Cunning.

But aye, Pardew done well that one season with West Ham fucking ages ago, his recent cup performances have been fucking disgraceful though. Moyes has 2 semi-final FA Cup appearances in the last 3 year.

What about the FA Cup final he got too then? Or the quaters last season, and the semis before that?

Blew his champions league chance then went out in first round of Europa? Then repeatedly failed in the Europa league once in it.

Quarters-Semi's, doesn't make a difference from second/third round in hindsight, still got fuck all for your efforts. Just like Pardew and his quarters last year, we never made the final so it doesn't really care for much.

It makes a massive difference. You don't look like a shit manager for a start.

Quarters-Semi's, doesn't make a difference from second/third round in hindsight, still got f*** all for your efforts. Just like Pardew and his quarters last year, we never made the final so it doesn't really care for much.

It makes a massive difference. You don't look like a s*** manager for a start.

Not for me, is Moyes thinking he achieved something by a league cup semi final? Definitley not. It's as much good as getting beat off Man City in the fourth round.