The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest neesy111

Debuchy?

OK three forgot about him, assuming he's out of the next game.

Remy? Gouffran?

Gouffran yes, remy is a suspension.  Yes he's missing but not due to the injury excuse card.

if west ham and ourselves repeat results over the next 3 games they'll go ahead of us ! There looked to be a world apart in the sides when we played them a few weeks back.

If any team wins 6 in a row they're going to go up the table. Just like any team losing 5 in a row plus 1 draw is not going to be doing so well.

if west ham and ourselves repeat results over the next 3 games they'll go ahead of us ! There looked to be a world apart in the sides when we played them a few weeks back.

If any team wins 6 in a row they're going to go up the table. Just like any team losing 5 in a row plus 1 draw is not going to be doing so well.

We're on up they on down, crazy how quickly things change. I had West Ham pegged to go down, after we beat them, one of the worst teams we've played.

Just can't have any sympathy for Jose. That Oscar for Mikel sub which he loves is fucking disgusting.

Yes they haven't conceded for a fair while but the standard of players they have in their squad they should be killing teams off a lot quicker with relative ease, with that Oscar/Mikel sub, just inviting pressure on to themselves, horrible to see.

Specifically which players and when?

http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Southampton/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Much more than us, we have 2 first team regular's out atm, Tiote and Colo.

How is that much more Vs http://www.football-lineups.com/team/Newcastle_United/FA_Premier_League_2013-2014/Stats/Injuries/

Looks less to me..

Also I'm not talking total players missing players right over the season, I'm talking about having 4 or 5 players out all at the same time.  They might have had at one time, can't be bothered to read through the list and work it out, but I'd bet that at that time they weren't better than us like we aren't better than them right now.  As for only two players out, Gouffran isn't a starter?  Over the last few games we've had 4 first team regulars out through injury and suspension (Coloccini, Tiote, Gouffran and Remy) and one who would have played in their place (Cisse).

A big reason why Southampton have caught us, not the only reason of course, but a major factor.

Anichebe has been quite good this season.

He was good for us in the second half of last season.

Although £6m was good money, I wasn't entirely convinced letting him go was the right move. Would have started the last few games for us and made a difference imo.