The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Brilliant manager, but always such a sore loser...

Can we name any manager at the very top level who has won things who isn't?

There's a difference between not taking defeat easily and being generally a cunt like Wenger does. Fair enough if you do it in hi-octane rivalry matches when passions go wild, but he's even pissed on lowly Hull FFS.

Hasn't he refused to shake hands with the rival manager on several occasions when losing?

Brilliant manager, but always such a sore loser...

Can we name any manager at the very top level who has won things who isn't?

There's a difference between not taking defeat easily and being generally a c*** like Wenger does. Fair enough if you do it in hi-octane rivalry matches when passions go wild, but he's even p*ssed on lowly Hull FFS.

Hasn't he refused to shake hands with the rival manager on several occasions when losing?

Yep. My all-time favourite was when two Arsenal players ran into each other, and we played on and scored. He went apeshit at Jol, who looked like he could have casually picked him up and slung him into the crowd, if he could stop laughing.

It's interesting to note, that considering French teams' abject performances in European Competitions this year (PSG) aside, and the fact that 09-10 season will be irrelevant for next season's rankings, Russia could take over Ligue 1 in coefficient points if their representatives do well.

As of now, France only has PSG left in Europe, whereas Russia has Zenit, Rubin Kazan, and Anzhi. CSKA Moscow's last minute loss to Plzen and not coming 3rd in their group will be hurting if Russia come up short by .3 coefficient points.

Strachan "The World Cup will be about people beating people" (relating to Townsend's ability to outpace players)

I'm surprised he'd say that, considering he played in Mexico 86'. If we try to outrun teams in the sweltering heat, we're going to be blowing out our arse after 60 minutes.

It's interesting to note, that considering French teams' abject performances in European Competitions this year (PSG) aside, and the fact that 09-10 season will be irrelevant for next season's rankings, Russia could take over Ligue 1 in coefficient points if their representatives do well.

As of now, France only has PSG left in Europe, whereas Russia has Zenit, Rubin Kazan, and Anzhi. CSKA Moscow's last minute loss to Plzen and not coming 3rd in their group will be hurting if Russia come up short by .3 coefficient points.

Lyon just kicked off.

I'm not having this Bentaleb lad. He does nothing apart from play easy passes and lose it when he tries something risky

I'm the same. Always looks the weak link in that midfield for me. Nothing he's done since he started playing has made me think, oh this is why he's starting instead of Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue/Sandro etc.

I'm not having this Bentaleb lad. He does nothing apart from play easy passes and lose it when he tries something risky

Looked pretty good against us like

My electricity was gone the night of that game after the storm but he's looked s*** every time I've seen him

Looked pretty good against us like

That was probably the best he's played. Capoue holding gave him a lot more freedom to go forward, which is his natural game.