The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

We take so long to work out what we want to do with the ball. I don't really blame Sherwood, he came in at a really awkward time and has done far better than I would have expected, but we really need an experienced coach to come in and have a full off-season to work with the players. We're just kind of blagging it at the moment.

This is the difference between our 2 teams. When we blag, we don't really win. Excellent example is our game a few weeks ago. Neither of us were good but ultimately you won. You keep winning. I agree that I don't think you're anything great (currently - you've clearly got some excellent players) but you keep winning. That's an enviable quality to have.

You're probably right, although have you really been blagging it that much? Genuine question. I thought Martinez had you pretty well-drilled, but (a) all your strikers - and the ones you borrowed - got injured, then (b) other injuries stretched your squad.

The main trouble is that our expectations were so much higher at the beginning of the season. We certainly have enough quality players to be dangerous, but every game seems to see less talented opponents looking more coherent.

Spurs still have the makings of an excellent team. Do they see Sherwood as a long term appointment or are they just seeing how it goes until the summer?

We're supposed to have approached Louis Van Gaal, among others.

The main thing confounding everyone is that Sherwood's contract is for 18 months, not just this season. Were it not for that, we would all be presuming that this would just be a short-term thing. Before his appointment, Sherwood had established himself in a more entrenched role - not DOF, but something along those lines. Again, it just seems bizarre that he would risk that for a punt at the manager's job. If Levy doesn't want him to stay on as manager for the next season then he will presumably have to sack him. The 18-month contract just seems bizarre from every possible angle.

Anyway, another scrappy as fuck win :lol:.

We take so long to work out what we want to do with the ball. I don't really blame Sherwood, he came in at a really awkward time and has done far better than I would have expected, but we really need an experienced coach to come in and have a full off-season to work with the players. We're just kind of blagging it at the moment.

I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes with AVB, but sacking him basically signaled an end to any intent of having a great season. Invest 100m in players, give up halfway through.

Spurs still have the makings of an excellent team. Do they see Sherwood as a long term appointment or are they just seeing how it goes until the summer?

The main thing confounding everyone is that Sherwood's contract is for 18 months, not just this season. Were it not for that, we would all be presuming that this would just be a short-term thing. Before his appointment, Sherwood had established himself in a more entrenched role - not DOF, but something along those lines. Again, it just seems bizarre that he would risk that for a punt at the manager's job. If Levy doesn't want him to stay on as manager for the next season then he will presumably have to sack him. The 18-month contract just seems bizarre from every possible angle.

Anyway, another scrappy as fuck win :lol:.

Van Gaal is going to ManU.

Anyway, another scrappy as f*** win :lol:.

Maybe. That People story just reads like they completely made it up though.

I'm sure there was a lot going on behind the scenes with AVB, but sacking him basically signaled an end to any intent of having a great season. Invest 100m in players, give up halfway through.

Yeah, it was clearly the behind-the-scenes stuff. There is no way you can appoint a manager - any manager - at that stage and expect to mount a challenge for top four.

There seem to be three schools of thought about Sherwood. One is that he is out of his depth, that we are just surviving on individual class, and that he should be fired at the end of the year. One is that he has worked miracles in keeping us involved, and deserves to stay on. My preference is the mix of the two - that he was worked miracles in keeping us involved, but that he is not yet ready for this job and so we should look to appoint a more experienced manager at the end of the season.

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis on Jerome Thomas' booking for diving:

"He'll be fined. Cham [Marouane Chamakh] has done one, too. It's something I'm very strong on.

"I've been in to see [referee] Mike [Dean] and JT waited for him to apologise at full-time. It's a disease. I hope it's a disease we're almost rid of but if people do it, they've got to be reminded it's not right."

Fair play to Pulis.

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis on Jerome Thomas' booking for diving:

"He'll be fined. Cham [Marouane Chamakh] has done one, too. It's something I'm very strong on.

"I've been in to see [referee] Mike [Dean] and JT waited for him to apologise at full-time. It's a disease. I hope it's a disease we're almost rid of but if people do it, they've got to be reminded it's not right."

Fair play to Pulis.

Overselling moves is frowned upon in the wrestling world.

Hope Barcelona pisses all over Almeria because their greatest chance of title hangs purely on them now. They have GD better than Real and will most likely be a point behind. They might actually HAVE to win at Bernabeu to stand a chance.

Anyway, another scrappy as f*** win :lol:.

Probably get rid of Rafael the first thing. The cunt.

Can see Barca putting on a show tonight. After last week's defeat and neither Madrid team getting 3 points, it's a perfect change to stamp their authority on the title race.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them stick 4 or 5 past Almeria.

Can see Barca putting on a show tonight. After last week's defeat and neither Madrid team getting 3 points, it's a perfect change to stamp their authority on the title race.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them stick 4 or 5 past Almeria.

Neymar and Messi with a hattrick each would do my weekend.