The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Madrid have a great squad indeed, certainly with bigger depth than ours. But once again their penchant for marquee names hurts them. Bale, for example, while certainly a great player, has to play by decree and it has shown in these two past games that it makes Real Madrid too top heavy and easily to break in midfield, as he doesn't track back and doesn't do much in creative areas.

:pardsgrin:

It's fine to have a forward player that doesn't do much defensively. The problem for Real is that in Cronaldo, Bale and Benzema they have three of those.

Alexis and Pedro's biggest virtue, for example, is that they do put quite a shift besides a meaningful attacking contribution (both are having splendid seasons).

Madrid have a great squad indeed, certainly with bigger depth than ours. But once again their penchant for marquee names hurts them. Bale, for example, while certainly a great player, has to play by decree and it has shown in these two past games that it makes Real Madrid too top heavy and easily to break in midfield, as he doesn't track back and doesn't do much in creative areas.

I think it's Di Maria - Alonso - Modric midfield that is the key. While brilliant, it's also the most light weight of midfield's you'll ever see. All hardowrking, two have excellent engines. But let's be real - there's no tackle. No strength.

Shame about Jese's injury. As Bale will be played into the ground.

I think it's Di Maria - Alonso - Modric midfield that is the key. While brilliant, it's also the most light weight of midfield's you'll ever see. All hardowrking, two have excellent engines. But let's be real - there's no tackle. No strength.

Shame about Jese's injury. As Bale will be played into the ground.

?

I don't agree whatsoever, Barcelona have less engine and less strength or tackle than Reals midfield yet are a step ahead. Back to being Pardew, CD?

Simeone is amused by this conversation. :smugdog:

:lol:

Doing an excellent job, his team plays with such intensity and obviously has nowhere near that talent as the other two have. But regardless of how good job he's done I seriously doubt they'll finish this season at the top of the league or past the quarters in the CL. Think we'll find them crumbling unless they lose big in the first Barcelona game and switch all their attentions to the league.

Simeone is amused by this conversation. :smugdog:

:lol:

Doing an excellent job, his team plays with such intensity and obviously has nowhere near that talent as the other two have. But regardless of how good job he's done I seriously doubt they'll finish this season at the top of the league or past the quarters in the CL. Think we'll find them crumbling unless they lose big in the first Barcelona game and switch all their attentions to the league.

Yeah, it'd be great to see someone break the Real-Barca hegemony for the first time in a decade, but I just don't think it'll happen.