The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Messi has been so s***. Seriously, would be no difference if it was him or Shola today. His first touch has been p*ss poor.

bit harsh on shola, an excellent world cup awaits for shola.

It was a reasonable expectation to think/hope Man Utd would get dicked 7 or 8-zip at the time of the draw, I think. Fair play to Man Utd for managing a respectable defeat - but it's not much to shout about really. It's been achieved through 'handball' tactics (as Robben would bitterly say :lol:), not actually competing with Bayern.

Given where they were at the time of the draw, I guess it's a modicum of progress, but it'd be foolhardy IMO to suggest Man Utd have made any great strides towards being able to compete with anything approaching the best in Europe in any real sense of the word.

Of course they've competed man. They don't play the same possession football but they've been extremely difficult to break down and shown the odd bit of canny play on the counter.

This will come as biased to the ones that haven't watched the game but only Neymar will leave this game with a pass. Possibly Alba as well. (from the barca players obviously)

Congratulations to Atlético, I hope and wish they go all the way.

Given that we were never going to win this thing, I guess it's best to go out soon instead of another season of papering over the cracks of our decline. Maybe the board will now address the deficiencies of our aging midfield and ridiculous defence and do some necessary signings in the summer.

Oh wai-- :anguish:

It was a reasonable expectation to think/hope Man Utd would get dicked 7 or 8-zip at the time of the draw, I think. Fair play to Man Utd for managing a respectable defeat - but it's not much to shout about really. It's been achieved through 'handball' tactics (as Robben would bitterly say :lol:), not actually competing with Bayern.

Given where they were at the time of the draw, I guess it's a modicum of progress, but it'd be foolhardy IMO to suggest Man Utd have made any great strides towards being able to compete with anything approaching the best in Europe in any real sense of the word.

Of course they've competed man. They don't play the same possession football but they've been extremely difficult to break down and shown the odd bit of canny play on the counter.

Agree with this. I'm all for the slag off manu while we can but they've done alright against the best. Nobody should be expecting them to be competing with the best in the world the season after Fergie leaves.

Given that we were never going to win this thing, I guess it's best to go out soon instead of another season of papering over the cracks of our decline. Maybe the board will now address the deficiencies of our aging midfield and ridiculous defence and do some necessary signing in the summer.

Hope Atletico keeps this up for Spanish footballs sake. Lovely if they can build on something and not just have this season wonder.

Given that we were never going to win this thing, I guess it's best to go out soon instead of another season of papering over the cracks of our decline. Maybe the board will now address the deficiencies of our aging midfield and ridiculous defence and do some necessary signings in the summer.

It's tough man. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Given that we were never going to win this thing, I guess it's best to go out soon instead of another season of papering over the cracks of our decline. Maybe the board will now address the deficiencies of our aging midfield and ridiculous defence and do some necessary signing in the summer.

Here's an idea, don't waste money on signings like Kerrison etc.

This will come as biased to the ones that haven't watched the game but only Neymar will leave this game with a pass.

http://replygif.net/i/971.gif

:lol: Feel the need to safety this, for some reason.

:thup:

Keirrisson, Chygrinski who else is there that they've spunked loads of money on.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Keirrisson, Chygrinski who else is there that they've spunked loads of money on.

Song.