The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

How can people say Premier League is superior to Primera Liga?

Team basically in the same position as us and Soton beat Basel 5 and Sevilla hammered Porto.

"Two and now three team league" yet any side outside the top 4 can boss anyone in the Europa. Bottom team Betis doing Zenit, could really see Sunderland or Fulham doing that.

I could, tbf. Zenit is wank.

Besides that your point stands though.

Team basically in the same position as us and Soton beat Basel 5 and Sevilla hammered Porto.

"Two and now three team league" yet any side outside the top 4 can boss anyone in the Europa. Bottom team Betis doing Zenit, could really see Sunderland or Fulham doing that.

Valencia are much better than their league positions says though and Sevilla are 5th in La Liga.

Besides if you want play the position game.... Arsenal would have Bilbao for breakfast and i could do that comparison across the board really except the top 3.

In any case both leagues are pretty similar.... 3 teams clearly above the rest 3 more quality teams behind them and the rest are well below average.

Honestly i'm not that impressed with any of the top leagues.

Valencia are much better than their league positions says though and Sevilla are 5th in La Liga.

Besides if you want play the position game.... Arsenal would have Bilbao for breakfast and i could do that comparison across the board really except the top 3.

In any case both leagues are pretty similar.... 3 teams clearly above the rest 3 more quality teams behind them and the rest are well below average.

Honestly i'm not that impressed with any of the top leagues.

Of course you're not. :lol:

Watching the US women's national team right now and it's like watching a game with a stadium of 20,000 versions of the Upton Park screaming girl

The term "pre-pregnancy form" was just used :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Watching the US women's national team right now and it's like watching a game with a stadium of 20,000 versions of the Upton Park screaming girl

Not a lesbian?

:ben:

Not a lesbian?

:ben:

:lol:

Especially since one of the example clubs have actually recently-ish been in an EL final as well. :lol:

Hardly think you can compare that Fulham to this one.

Was reffering more to the stature of the club in recent times as an example of teams from the lower end of the premier league not competing well in europe (they finished 12th the season they reached the EL final), not the current players playing for it. Even then their players weren't that good though, compared to the Juventus side they knocked out for one.

How many English sides have made the last 4 of the EL & CL compared to the other top nations?

Europa League (Last 10 years):

Spain: 11

Portugal:  7

Germany: 6

England: 4

Italy: 3

Russia:  2

Ukraine:  2

Holland:  1

Scotland:  1

Romania:  1

Turkey:  1

Switzerland:  1

Europa League (Last 4 years):

Spain: 6

Portugal: 6

England: 1

Italy: 1

Turkey: 1

Switzerland: 1

Champions League (Last 10 years):

England: 15

Spain: 13

Germany: 6

Italy: 4

France: 1

Holland: 1

Champions League (Last 4 years):

Spain: 8

Germany: 5

England: 3

European Semi-Finals combined (Last 10 years):

Spain: 24

England: 19

Germany: 12

Portugal:  7

Italy: 7

Russia:  2

Ukraine:  2

Holland:  2

Scotland:  1

Romania:  1

Turkey:  1

Switzerland:  1

France: 1

European Semi-Finals combined (Last 4 years):

Spain: 14

Portugal: 6

Germany: 5

England: 4

Italy: 1

Turkey: 1

Switzerland: 1

Kaiz is a geek. NERD. #nerd #nerd #geek hashtags are cool.

Seriously though, PL is not in it's prime-years. Been stated before, La Liga is a step ahead of everyone at the moment. I've said I enjoy the Bundesliga as well more than the PL in both quality and entertainment outside the top 6 but I've gotten a lot of shit for that.

All perfectly set up for a Madrid Derby final.

One thing is for sure, whoever comes as a victor of Chelsea-Atleti game will have a load of players suspended for the final,  given how those teams play.

If there is one manager who can out-bully Mourinho, it's Simeone.

All perfectly set up for a Madrid Derby final.

One thing is for sure, whoever comes as a victor of Chelsea-Atleti game will have a load of players suspended for the final,  given how those teams play.

If there is one manager who can out-bully Mourinho, it's Simeone.

How exactly is it ''perfectly'' set up for a Madrid derby final?

^Well, the fact that they avoided each other in the Semi is a start.

Both games are wide open, but well...so good chance of a real, dirty, nasty derby in the final. Have we ever had one before ? (Same city, not likes of Bayern-BVB etc)

Bayern will deal with Madrid.... as good as Madrid are at taking out the trash they are abysmal against the elite/great teams.

Which has been the case for god knows how long and still is.

Hopefully Atletico beat Chelsea but i got a feeling they won't.

Bayern will deal with Madrid.... as good as Madrid are at taking out the trash they are abysmal against the elite/great teams.

Which has been the case for god knows how long and still is.

Hopefully Atletico beat Chelsea but i got a feeling they won't.

Aye got a feeling we might see Chelsea - Bayern again. Think Bayern will have tons of trouble dealing with Madrid, but they're just too good and Guardiola will win it for them.