The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

I'm serious, bank 100m or whatever and move on. Its not like they won't win things without Messi. I also feel the player himself could do with a new challenge. Barcelona lost an even bigger player in Guardiola but they will still go onto win things and play great football. They can do the same without Messi. I don't see why this is such an outrageous idea to be honest.

It is. End of discussion.

Barcelona should look to cash in on Messi, I know he's the best player in the world etc. but they can still be a great team without him and even a better one with the right kind of players. I don't think they could get anyone to grab the number of goals he scores nor is there anyone in their side capable of scoring such a number of goals, but Barcelona have not been successful because they have the world's top goalscorer in their side.

They have been successful because as an 11 they have been brilliant with great players throughout. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and even Valdes have been just as instrumental as Messi has been. Of course Messi is the star man, but in my lifetime Barcelona have always had the best players and always won stuff. They can carry on succeeding without Messi.

Messi himself should come to the Premier League, he won't score as many as he has done in Spain, but he'll become an even better player.

Of course, if he fancies playing for the mighty Toon he would be more than welcome... :lol:

What are you on about? They can sell their deadwood in order to sign central defenders and they'll be fine. Selling the world's best footballer is stupidity, you just don't do that. He's been injured for long and people are now talking about selling him to get better? Barcelona need to get Messi and Neymar fit, because both at their best will be completely unstoppable. They were already finding each other (well Neymar was assisting Messi) a lot until Messi broke down, then Neymar broke down when Messi got fit.

They need to put Xavi on the bench play Fabregas, Busquets and Iniesta with Neymar, Mesis and Pedro/Alexis and they'll be good.

You're right. They'll both be unstoppable to get into the starting XI. :mou:

Barcelona can buy anyone they want anyway I would think.

Plus if not they always have the power to declare interest and make the player want to leave his current club.

However,seeing Messi play on a cold,wet and windy night in Stoke would probably be one of the football finest moments  :D

Barcelona should look to cash in on Messi, I know he's the best player in the world etc. but they can still be a great team without him and even a better one with the right kind of players. I don't think they could get anyone to grab the number of goals he scores nor is there anyone in their side capable of scoring such a number of goals, but Barcelona have not been successful because they have the world's top goalscorer in their side.

They have been successful because as an 11 they have been brilliant with great players throughout. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and even Valdes have been just as instrumental as Messi has been. Of course Messi is the star man, but in my lifetime Barcelona have always had the best players and always won stuff. They can carry on succeeding without Messi.

Messi himself should come to the Premier League, he won't score as many as he has done in Spain, but he'll become an even better player.

Of course, if he fancies playing for the mighty Toon he would be more than welcome... :lol:

If Suarez can go 1 for 1 so could Messi

Just take your bait home HTT and admit you fancied a fishing session. Sell Messi...:spit:

We're talking about a guy that said Shola is better than Trezeguet and Ashton is better than Torres.

I usually only read HTT when his posts are a page long with a million billion paragraphs then it's usually an interesting read. Anything less and he's out for a giggle.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just take your bait home HTT and admit you fancied a fishing session. Sell Messi...:spit:

We're talking about a guy that said Shola is better than Trezeguet and Ashton is better than Torres.

Fuck off did I say Shola was better than Trezeguet. Ashton was a better footballer than Torres though. Note not better finisher, not better goalscorer but a better footballer.

f*** off did I say Shola was better than Trezeguet. Ashton was a better footballer than Torres though. Note not better finisher, not better goalscorer but a better footballer.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT always had a bit of a screw loose but he's finally just lost the plot completely.

Cash in on the greatest footballer of all time at the age of 26.  I've heard it all now.

Of all time? Debatable, massively debatable.

Its not like I'm saying they need to get rid because he's s*** now btw, I just feel they are the one club capable of losing someone like Messi and still win things and play great football and if anything it could open the door for others to star.

The problem with people on here, or rather some on here, is that there is literally no thinking outside of the box. Sell Messi, what, are you f***ing crazy?

What, Dean f***ing Ashton, a better footballer than Torres? f*** off!

Imagine if Fergie decided to stick with Ince, Kanchelskis, Beckham etc...

Barca over the years have lost Ronaldo, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho to name a few and they continue to replace them and win stuff. They are the epitome of a club far bigger than any player.

Guest Howaythetoon

No idea why Messi coming to the Premier League would make him a better player like.

Quicker league, less space, tougher defenders, more competitive, different styles etc. plus playing away to Stoke on a wet windy Wednesday night...

Less space? Not at all.

Quicker league would allow Messi more space to operate in not less.

Tougher defenders doesn't mean better.

The top 3 in La Liga this year are just as competitive as the top 3 in this league.

He'd annihilate the PL

They'd break his fucking legs the moment he started any of his skipping shit. Playing for Barca in such a dominant side in a league packed with shit bar the top 4/5 half this forum could do it.