The other games today - 2013/14

Dave

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Scotland's second division is going to be a more interesting and a much more competitive league than their top flight next that's fairly mental.

I still fancy rangers to go up though I reckon the only thing that can stop them is if they finish second and lose the play off match. 

:lol: it's ridiculous really. Guy beside me was telling me he was walking past a jambo pub when Accies equalised. It wasn't a cheer as such but more a 'weeeeyyyyy'. Relegation is received as a joke now :lol:

From a Motherwell point of view it's difficult. After securing 2nd on the last day (250k more money) they come out and say they are totally skint. Probably realise they can just scrape by on frees again and still finish in the top 4. No point trying to overturn Celtic. Sooner that Rangers are back, the better, so they can start hammering the wannabee Irishmen again.

It's not that many years ago that Albacete was in La Liga is it?

Almost 20 years ago. They even played in the UEFA cup once.

Eibar, a small but very historic Basque team has been promoted to La Liga. Depor need 1 point in the next two games.

Eibar, a small but very historic Basque team has been promoted to La Liga. Depor need 1 point in the next two games.

Had to check, they played in La Liga in both 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 according to Wiki? I have this feeling I've watched them play, but if it's 20 years ago then there's no way.

Had to check, they played in La Liga in both 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 according to Wiki? I have this feeling I've watched them play, but if it's 20 years ago then there's no way.

Aye, forgot about their brief spells in the mid-2000s. Their heyday in La Liga was in the 1990s, though.

Aye, forgot about their brief spells in the mid-2000s. Their heyday in La Liga was in the 1990s, though.

:thup:

I just remember having seen them in La Liga.

They had a great little side in the 1990s, they were dubbed as "the clockwork cheese" (that region is known for their manchego cheese) for their total football style.

:sweetjesus:

Quite fancy going to watch Hearts sometime. Always have done, think it's their ludicrously steep stands. Same reason I want to go to Osasuna sometime. :milner:

Saw them about 5 or 6 years ago against Aberdeen, was good fun and a better atmosphere than I was expecting.

Osasuna is one of the most atmospheric pitches in Spain - particularly when playing regional rivals or a big gun like us or Real Madrid. You can cut the pressure with a knife. It's a pity they got relegated while no-fans Getafe stays in La Liga.

Messi's first ever goal, man!