Other clubs' transfers

TBG

is this barkley lad in with a sniff of the WC?  seems to me hodgson would be miles better served by sacking off all the dead weight dross we carry and take the likes of barkley, ravel morrison and whoever else with wilshere at the forefront

they'll crash and burn, but that's happening anyway, might as well give these kids a shot imho

:thup:

We really need a "new batch". Doesn't feel like any of them have the same buzz as your Rio Ferdinand, Terry, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville, even old man Rooney.

Hope I am proven wrong but apart from Wilshere (who I can't help but feel is going to crash and burn) I have very little excitement about our prospects.

Smalling, Jones, Zaha, Rodwell, Lallana, Carroll, Clyne, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge etc.. All might be very good players and I would to have any of them here but I struggle to see anything but a massively average national team. I know we have been hardly world beaters but that is the scary thing. Those mentioned in the first paragraph all looked top class players very early on and I can't see the current prospects even replicating our relatively poor showings.

Guest Howaythetoon

We really need a "new batch". Doesn't feel like any of them have the same buzz as your Rio Ferdinand, Terry, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Scholes, Gary Neville, even old man Rooney.

Hope I am proven wrong but apart from Wilshere (who I can't help but feel is going to crash and burn) I have very little excitement about our prospects.

Smalling, Jones, Zaha, Rodwell, Lallana, Carroll, Clyne, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge etc.. All might be very good players and I would to have any of them here but I struggle to see anything but a massively average national team. I know we have been hardly world beaters but that is the scary thing. Those mentioned in the first paragraph all looked top class players very early on and I can't see the current prospects even replicating our relatively poor showings.

Long-term we need a modern progressive manager who can get our half decent youngsters playing good attacking Premier League type football. We won't win things, but we can improve and become a decent team. We don't have any world beaters but we do have some very good and interesting prospects.

Apparently Alexander Merkel's going to Watford on loan. Isn't he supposed to be pretty promising?

He certainly was at one point. He was part of a successful Milan youth side, but never really seemed to click for him in the first team. He had chances, showed promise but not enough to suggest he could ever be a starter. As is so often the case in Italy he was quickly put through a co-ownership deal with Genoa -- an easy way to make money on players in the 'has potential' bracket you're not sold on. I can't remember how much he went for when Genoa bought his full pass but I don't remember it being much.

Didn't really improve much in a piss poor Genoa side as you might expect and then Udinese took a punt on him. I think they're looking to rear him and sell him back to Germany at a premium. Problem is he's not really going to play much for Udinese (who themselves are struggling). Thus the sensible decision is to send him to Watford and hope the shop window entices some bids.

Long-term we need a modern progressive manager who can get our half decent youngsters playing good attacking Premier League type football. We won't win things, but we can improve and become a decent team. We don't have any world beaters but we do have some very good and interesting prospects.

Is there such a thing as good attacking Premier League football anymore? In the traditional sense anyway.

Plus with how hot the temperatures can be in summer tournaments it's not a style that should match it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Is there such a thing as good attacking Premier League football anymore? In the traditional sense anyway.

Plus with how hot the temperatures can be in summer tournaments it's not a style that should match it.

Sadly probably not, I think us under Sir Bobby was your last of that style, i.e. not long ball but not slick like Arsenal either, direct attacking high tempo fast paced football if you like. I just want to see a refreshed, energised England side full of players who play with some confidence and with some direction. Its always mainly been a loose collection of individuals with tournament progress acheived on the back of a solid defence or individual brilliance. We have some good exciting younger players with good attributes, lets start playing them and allowing them to express themselves. Me I'd ditch all but Rooney and A. Cole from the old-guard if you like, I'd fill the team with your Wellbecks, Wilsheres, Barkleys, Baines, Sturridges etc.

Guest chopey

Apparently Alexander Merkel's going to Watford on loan. Isn't he supposed to be pretty promising?

Isn't he a meerkat?

I thought she was the Chancellor of Germany

Guest bimpy474

Isn't he a meerkat?

:lol:

Berbatov to Arsenal is being heavily rumoured.

Could be a masterstroke that. Not the hardest working player but they have a lot of quick, intelligent players happy to do his running and feed off his vision and ability.

Berbatov to Arsenal is being heavily rumoured.

Could be a masterstroke that. Not the hardest working player but they have a lot of quick, intelligent players happy to do his running and feed off his vision and ability.

He'll be great for about 4 weeks, good for a further two, splutter around then he'll disappear up his own arse as usual before the season is out.

Arsenal then need to offload him or spend the next season trying to get him to play like he's at a new club again or they'll get fuck all out of him unless a new manager comes in. Him and adabayor have a lot in common.

They should have taken him as part of the Van Persie deal. He would be sensational at Arsenal.

Wenger isn't going to be on him all the time to graft, especially playing upfront alone.

He'd thrive playing in Arsenal's style, as it's what he's all about.