Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I was half expecting van Persie to end up back at Arsenal today.

LvG: Interested in taking Robin back?

AW: Well... *cellphone interference* yes... we'll take him *cellphone interference* ...back

:lol: :lol:

I was half expecting van Persie to end up back at Arsenal today.

LvG: Interested in taking Robin back?

AW: Well... *cellphone interference* yes... we'll take him *cellphone interference* ...back

:laugh:

Óscar García appointed Watford manager.

I'm curious to see how he does there, he was one of our most successful youth setup managers. His stint at Brighton Hove ended pretty weirdly.

Watford have a talented, if pretty bloated squad with some good technical players for the division (Forestieri, Vydra, Abdi, Deeney etc). The players were rumoured to have hated their old manager, Sannino, but are still sitting 2nd in the table. Garcia would be a good fit imo, but Watford should be making the playoffs at the very least this season so there's some pressure.

Just realized I probably won't post in this thread again until 2016.

Your last post before this was about Real. It might be 2016 until Newcastle buy another player.

This guy needs to go on the list with that Manchester United and Liverpool Fan.  :lol: :p

The case of Welbeck’s close friend, Daniel Sturridge, is potentially also instructive. Like Welbeck at United, Sturridge was rarely trusted to play in his preferred position at either Manchester City or Chelsea.

He became peripheral and, when he left in search of first-team football, it was easy to justify the sale. Sturridge scored six times in 32 games at Manchester City and then 24 in 96 at Chelsea. It made for a ratio of less than a goal every four games. Welbeck’s strike-rate of just over a goal every five games is almost identical.

Also almost identical is the age at which they have started a new chapter in their careers. Sturridge was 23 – the same age as Welbeck now – when he moved to Liverpool and has subsequently rewarded Brendan Rodgers’s faith with 36 goals in 52 matches.

It has been a threefold improvement. “I’ve grown up with Welbs and I think he’s unbelievably talented,” Sturridge says. “We’ve been in similar situations, both wanting to play centrally but being on the wing. Mentally, it plays with you sometimes.”

Sturridge had shown far more than Welbeck during his loan at Bolton and even his first season back at Chelsea.

as I recall sturridge looked rather excellent as a wide forward but got in a bit of a huff because he didn't want to play in that position. Welbecks been a good team player but never ever resembled a striker who can score 20+ a season.

By the way, there's been a lot of chaos in La Liga because of the new domestic financial rules. Clubs have now a wage bill limit derived from their revenue and there's been a boatload of last-minute transfers, releases, etc... because clubs found out they were exceeding it. Pedro León has been left out Getafe's La Liga squad because of this (which I'm not sure is completely legal).

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/imagenes/2014/09/01/primera/1409601491_217016_1409601910_noticia_grande.jpg

He still got picked ahead of you at ManU, sour grapes? Maybe you can offer him your valuable experience on not getting a game for Real Madrid.

:spit: