Assuming they stick with 3-5-2 are they looking at the following -

De Gea

Jones      Evans      Rojo

Valencia                                              Shaw

Herrara    Blind

Di Maria

Rooney    Van Persie 

They still need another centre half.     

Aye, Evans proved against MK Dons that he doesn't belong anywhere near a Premiership side.

Rojo's deal might fall through yet, still hasn't got clearance. That'd be a chortle.

Thought the majority of SA players have a Spanish/Italian/Portuguese passport.

They do but it seems he doesn't. Not too mention low quality South American bureaucratic and administrative skills.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marcos-rojo-why-is-it-taking-so-long-for-manchester-united-to-get-a-work-permit-9699288.html

What is their net spend since Fergie retired?

Fellaini      27.5                                Buttner    4.4

Mata        37.1                                Evra        1.2

Herrera    29                                  Bebe        2.4

Shaw        27                                  -----------------

Rojo          16                                                -8.0

Di Maria    59.7

Blind          14

--------------------

Net spend: 202.3m

That's one hell of a rebuilding exercise.

Liverpool's Daniel Agger is preparing to turn his back on the top level European leagues to end his career in Brondby, where he will return in the next 48 hours.

A deal has been agreed between Liverpool and the Danish side for what is understood to a be a nominal fee, the Merseyside club accepting Agger's desire to go home.

Agger has been one of the most highly regarded defenders in the Premier League since his move to Anfield eight years ago and his destination will come as a surprise given the calibre of high ranking clubs who are interested in him.

A host of Champions League teams, not least Barcelona, have shown interest in him this summer. Two years ago he rejected a move to Manchester City.

But despite the speculation, Agger's desire to leave Liverpool was not linked to a wish to play for a rival at home or in Europe but a personal desire to go back to where he started his career.

After weeks of negotiations to discuss the terms of his departure, a deal is now anticipated over the weekend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11065221/Daniel-Agger-to-leave-Liverpool-for-Brondby-for-nominal-transfer-fee.html

This is definitelv the steal of the summer. Why are we not trying to get him? he would be our best defender by some distance. Not more than a year ago that he refused Man City, and Barca has been interested up untill recently.

Rojo's deal might fall through yet, still hasn't got clearance. That'd be a chortle.

Thought the majority of SA players have a Spanish/Italian/Portuguese passport.

They do but it seems he doesn't. Not too mention low quality South American bureaucratic and administrative skills.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marcos-rojo-why-is-it-taking-so-long-for-manchester-united-to-get-a-work-permit-9699288.html

I have never understood the WP system in the UK. So a guy that started for one of the WC finalists has trouble securing a permit, but some guy that played every game for Jordan or the UAE (yes, they are top 70), would have no issue? Stupid.

Can't say I've ever seen Blind* play i midfield but he looked really good at the World Cup at left back

*Unintentional joke

Is he naturally a midfielder? Can only say I've seen him at lb. Him, rojo and shaw, that's some defensive unit down the left.

Can't say I've ever seen Blind* play i midfield but he looked really good at the World Cup at left back

*Unintentional joke

Is he naturally a midfielder? Can only say I've seen him at lb. Him, rojo and shaw, that's some defensive unit down the left.

Started at LB at Ajax, then moved to DM by de Boer when Anita left. Won Eredivisie's best player of the season last year playing in midfield.

*Unintentional joke

Started at LB at Ajax, then moved to DM by de Boer when Anita left. Won Eredivisie's best player of the season last year playing in midfield.

Sounds like we got the wrong player.

*Unintentional joke

I think one of the games in the world cup he played centre mid for a lot of it, might have been the one against Mexico

Agger reportedly took a 90% wage cut to help Brondby sign him. This guy !  :kasper:

Fully expect him to retire in 3 years and open up a tattoo store in Copenhagen, and pursue it full time. Recall him saying he does it all the time there was no football to be played or was injured.