Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Interesting number-crunching on Falcao here from the Washington Post. He takes penalties, and if you subtract them, his record at Athletico was similar in open play to Soldado and Negredo in La Liga. I found the article after watching a fan highlight film of him at Monaco which showed a few penalties and not that many goals from open play, certainly not 55M worth anyway.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/09/02/here-is-why-manchester-united-is-taking-a-risk-with-falcao/

Interesting number-crunching on Falcao here from the Washington Post. He takes penalties, and if you subtract them, his record at Athletico was similar in open play to Soldado and Negredo in La Liga. I found the article after watching a fan highlight film of him at Monaco which showed a few penalties and not that many goals from open play, certainly not 55M worth anyway.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2014/09/02/here-is-why-manchester-united-is-taking-a-risk-with-falcao/

But didn't Soldado and Negredo take penalties for their teams too?

65023067-c603-4698-8fff-c689f91ab617.jpg

#prayforbrummie

Only a loan.

That bit pleases me. In fact, it's nice to see we've finally realised you can TAKE loans rather than just give them.

Sounds like his agent is an absolute bell end, though, judging bt the story in the Torygraph today.

Numbers don't tell the whole story, though. Negredo and Soldado played in more creative teams than Falcao. Falcao's ability to turn pointless balls into the general direction of the goal is just preternatural. He got diamonds out of the mud in a team that's amazing at strangling games but struggles to create chances outside set pieces.

See the overhead he scored? Worth £55m.

Froggy man, who do you think will start upfront as Van Persie has said he's fit and doesn't need surgery! Will all three feature do you think, or is Rooney done?

Have to fit one of your strikers, and need to make the right call.

Froggy man, who do you think will start upfront as Van Persie has said he's fit and doesn't need surgery! Will all three feature do you think, or is Rooney done?

Rooney is the first name on the team sheet. Van Persie is the one in trouble I'd imagine if Falcao hits his best form.

Defensive wing-back in the 3-5-2? That'd be hilarious. He'd literally combust in a rage  :lol:

Defensive wing back, centre mid, somewhere upfront. Wherever the f*** Van Gaal wants him to go. Mr Utility.

I think I agree with you. Don't see Van Persie being the one in trouble. Think Falcao is the main man upfront going forward.

Rooney is the first name on the team sheet. Van Persie is the one in trouble I'd imagine if Falcao hits his best form.

Do you think Falcao goes straight in like Di Maria did?

Van Persie still isn't fit and it's pretty obvious too. I imagine Falcao will come straight in first game and be paired up top with Rooney.

Blind

Mata            Di Maria

Falcao      Rooney

That's my guess, but we've a few injuries at the minute as well. Blind may have to play in defence. Depends on the fitness of Shaw.

To be honest, 3-5-2 with your players just doesn't make sense:

Rafael-Evans-Jones-Shaw

Blind-Herrera

Rooney-Mata-Di María

Falcao

Is the only way I can see you using your best players in the best possible positions.

Gosh we'd have to listen to all the pundits crying about Rooney being out of position again.

To be honest, 3-5-2 with your players just doesn't make sense:

Rafael-Evans-Jones-Shaw

Blind-Herrera

Rooney-Mata-Di María

Falcao

Is the only way I can see you using your best players in the best possible positions.

Gosh we'd have to listen to all the pundits crying about Rooney being out of position again.

Even moreso Manchester United not being in their "proper position". Ie Champions league spot.