Other clubs' transfers

TBG

This forum seems to be living in the past when it comes to transfer fees. They've gone up, get over it. Players go for more than 15m these days whether we pay it or not.

40m is stupid for sterling. Never mind 50. Ozil, Di Maria and Sanchez cost less.

This forum seems to be living in the past when it comes to transfer fees. They've gone up, get over it. Players go for more than 15m these days whether we pay it or not.

Yeah that's great and all that, but £50m?

Like it or not, in today's market, Liverpool will easily get £40m for their young, talented, English key player. If he was foreign it'd be less but these are the realities of the Sky Sports era.

this

didn't barca pay something in the region of 40m for neymar at a comparable age btw? 

40m is stupid for sterling. Never mind 50. Ozil, Di Maria and Sanchez cost less.

Di Maria didn't I don't think. People pay more for English players because they need them (CL quotas etc.). Barca will pay much more for Koke etc. if they buy him than they did for Rakitic for similar reasons.

Like it or not, in today's market, Liverpool will easily get £40m for their young, talented, English key player. If he was foreign it'd be less but these are the realities of the Sky Sports era.

this

didn't barca pay something in the region of 40m for neymar at a comparable age btw? 

Closer to double that after all the hidden shite / fees to all and sundry came out.

Didn't arsenal pay 30 for Sanchez? 15 is about right. Overrated.

Personally think this is right, even in this age. He's clearly talented but has actually done very little.

I think £50m is too much for Sterling personally but I don't think its that mental. I think £35m or something is reasonable. There'll always be comparisons to make it look stupid but there's also the likes of Carroll and Torres etc. which make it look fine.

this

Closer to double that after all the hidden shite / fees to all and sundry came out.

oh aye that's right, that was mental man, remember reading that :lol:

I think £50m is too much for Sterling personally but I don't think its that mental. I think £35m or something is reasonable. There'll always be comparisons to make it look stupid but there's also the likes of Carroll and Torres etc. which make it look fine.

50m is probably too much but he's a talented young english player which will always have a premium and city need english players for the squad fairly badly and finding ones that are good enough for their squad isn't exactly easy or cheap.

Sterling isn't even that good.

I agree.

If everything is going well for Liverpool, he looks useful, but if that's not the case, he's the first to disappear.

Really, that sort of money for a player who has proved so little is absolutely fucking insane.

More than Sanchez? That's a fucking joke.

Betting suspended on Micah Richards to Villa...

Story in the mirror reckons he turned down Sunderland who were prepared to pay him 90k a week to join us on 65k a week, after a personal intervention from Sherwood.

A few problems with that.

1. Sunderland aren't going to offer to pay him 90k a week.

2. We're not going to offer to pay anyone 65k a week.

3. Like Tim Sherwood could persuade anyone to take a 25k a week hit.

Guest firetotheworks

Sterling isn't even that good.

This.

Using Neymar and Sanchez's fees as justification ffs :lol: They should be being used as a reason that he's not worth that much.

Guest firetotheworks

You're kidding, aren't you? Sanchez is 6 years older. Barring serious injury there's no way Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez - who couldn't make it on the biggest stage.

How's there 'no way that Sterling won't become a better player than Sanchez'? Because you've just decided? Sanchez couldn't make it at Barcelona, neither did Ibrahimovic, nor would Sterling, it's not even a point to make.

For Citeh, he's a definite upgrade on Jesus Navas! With the English premium, around 35M I would have thought. Two years proven in the prem makes him a better prospect than Walcott or Oxlade Chamberlain were, for recent examples of English players.

He's better value than nearly 30M for Luke Shaw for example. Not that Citeh have to worry about value.

Liverpool are making him out to be a troublemaker but it might just be that he hasn't bought into their hype. Which in fairness is mostly based on stuff that happened before he was born.

For Citeh, he's a definite upgrade on Jesus Navas! With the English premium, around 35M I would have thought. Two years proven in the prem makes him a better prospect than Walcott or Oxlade Chamberlain were, for recent examples of English players.

He's better value than nearly 30M for Luke Shaw for example. Not that Citeh have to worry about value.

Liverpool are making him out to be a troublemaker but it might just be that he hasn't bought into their hype. Which in fairness is mostly based on stuff that happened before he was born.

:thup:

Guest Roger Kint

:thup:

Aye i think £30m-£35m would be a fair deal, no doubt with some sell on clause attached too.