Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest Roger Kint

Seen reports of Ayew getting £90k a week :lol: Know hes on a free but f***ing hell if true. No doubt a massive signing fee too.

Offset that against the lack of transfer fees and it's peanuts

Doesnt work like that though, at least with sensible wages you arent risking being f***ed over if he is s***/injury prone/the arsehole Gignac claims. Giving him £20m+ over 4 years is madness regardless of the fee

£90k a week isn't £20+ though. It's £20m across the life of the contract. It would make him hard to shift if he flops. The total cost of the Cisse transfer over the life of the contract would be similar.

Ayew's a top lad in any case. A leader.

Nobody said he was getting it in one lump sum ffs, I am 100% certain it is over £20 either way.

The main point being no fucker will touch him if it goes to shit whereas Cisse will have takers on half that amount. Its totally different to Cisse when we would be the only ones losing out if we absolutely needed to sell, its much harder to ditch a player on obscene wages as they tend to not like taking a massive pay cut. Ask Ashley after relegation.

Seen reports of Ayew getting £90k a week :lol: Know hes on a free but fucking hell if true. No doubt a massive signing fee too.

Offset that against the lack of transfer fees and it's peanuts

Doesnt work like that though, at least with sensible wages you arent risking being fucked over if he is shit/injury prone/the arsehole Gignac claims. Giving him £20m+ over 4 years is madness regardless of the fee

of course it works like that - they could sign someone else for 10m and pay half the wages, if he snaps his leg the money has still gone

as long as they're sticking within their budget what does it matter where they allocate the money, fees or wages?

The main point being no fucker will touch him if it goes to shit whereas Cisse will have takers on half that amount. Its totally different to Cisse when we would be the only ones losing out if we absolutely needed to sell, its much harder to ditch a player on obscene wages as they tend to not like taking a massive pay cut. Ask Ashley after relegation.

welcome to mike's world, where we judge every signing by what we might rake back in for them :lol:

looks like other clubs don't think that way i suppose

I'm of the opinion that having a wage structure is no bad thing unless the player is exceptional. If you give a player 90k then everybody else will want 90k. I don't think telling them "we'll we have to pay a fee for you so your wages will be lower" flys with other players. It's not just about the life time cost of the deal.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm of the opinion that having a wage structure is no bad thing unless the player is exceptional. If you give a player 90k then everybody else will want 90k. I don't think telling them "we'll we have to pay a fee for you so your wages will be lower" flys with other players. It's not just about the life time cost of the deal.

This is my main point. Breaking your structure for one automatically has future signings and current player renewals wanting more. The fact is the club wants value and a player on doubled wages wont represent that if it affects everyone else coming in. £96k a week man, madness when we know we wont even sign the 6/7 players we really need.

Guest Roger Kint

Swansea, of course, renowned for being fast and loose with their cash.

Didnt Douglas say Gomis wanted an obscene signing fee of £5m plus £50k a week to come here? They dont seem to mind paying silly amounts to players when it suits. Really cant see how we can say Ayew wasnt worth the money if it was within our budget, its not like we are renowned for preferring to pay bigger fees....

Didnt Douglas say Gomis wanted an obscene signing fee of £5m plus £50k a week to come here? They dont seem to mind paying silly amounts to players when it suits. Really cant see how we can say Ayew wasnt worth the money if it was within our budget, its not like we are renowned for preferring to pay bigger fees....

He was free though and if they believed he was a top class striker the money they'd have to spend on transfer fees alone would more than cover his demands.

All that happens with free transfers is a shift of money from club to players

Guest Roger Kint

He was free though and if they believed he was a top class striker the money they'd have to spend on transfer fees alone would more than cover his demands.

All that happens with free transfers is a shift of money from club to players

Well obviously. Just saying its not necessarily the best thing to give everything to players.