TBG

Guest GoonerAlexis

Podolski off, misused player, lots of potential  :(

and how he should have been used?

Getting game time would have been a great start, brilliant finisher

Guest Roger Kint

Valencia must have spent some cash this summer

Spending league so far.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/r/GODO/MD/p3/Futbol/Imagenes/2015/07/05/Recortada/img_hnavarro_20150704-192329_imagenes_md_propias_hnavarro_top-ten-euros-kibD--572x1267@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

Guest chopey

I bet Newcastle are top of that league once Charnley works out how to open his embroided pepper pig purse

Is their team even that much better now than it was given all that they've spent?

No. Most of that money has been used to buy players they already had in the team (Rodrigo, Negredo, Cancelo, André Gomes...), which were on loan or owned by Lim/Mendes' fund. IIRC they have only added Bakkali and Santi Mina, which are both young prospects.

Is their team even that much better now than it was given all that they've spent?

No. Most of that money has been used to buy players they already had in the team (Rodrigo, Negredo, Cancelo, André Gomes...), which were on loan or owned by Lim/Mendes' fund. IIRC they have only added Bakkali and Santi Mina, which are both young prospects.

Hadn't realised Gomez was only on loan last season.

It's all 3rd party ownership malarkey. Since it looks like FIFA are going to shut down the whole thing, they needed to transfer those players to Valencia. Lim has said he's gonna pump some extra €100m in shares (which would balance the books, dunno if it would run afoul of FFP though).

Amidst that, Valencia's president and DoF have left the club, after being completely ignored in all those dealings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33410727

McEachran to Brentford.

When he came on against us in the (League?) Cup a few years ago, he looked like frickin' Pirlo with the passes he was making and the space he made for himself, I thought off the back of that performance alone he'd go on to be an absolute rock for England, give us something we've been missing since Beckham.

Where did it all go so wrong?

Guest Roger Kint

He's looked pretty crap at practically every loan, talent doesn't always portray into a successful career.

Not sure where he was last year(Vitesse?) but looked poor every time i saw him in other loans. Must have been tough for him surviving on £30k a week since 17 or whenever he signed that first deal mind. Really should have left Chelsea a year or two ago and tried get get back on track elsewhere.

Valencia sign Bakkali - also Mendes-repped (:lol:) on a free.

This lad looked like the next best thing a couple years ago, but fell off the face of the earth. I guess it's a decent punt on a free.

If it doesn't work out, Jose will do his mate a favour anyway

I like Turan but he doesn't do anything they don't already have IMO, also hopefully VI can explain this :lol:

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff  8m8 minutes ago

Official: Until 20 July, Barcelona's new board will have an option to sell Arda Turan back to Atletico for a transfer fee of 30.6M

:serious:

Guest neesy111

So they buy him, but if the new board does not want him, they will get a refund?

Basically.  Feels like some money laundering is going on.