Other clubs' transfers

TBG

'Januzaj, B-Jackson, Fosu-Mensah, Pereira, McNair, Blackett, Wilson, Keane all told to find new clubs #mufc'

Wouldn't mind seeing us taking a punt on Borthwick-Jackson if he was being flogged on the cheap. Looked decent for them last season at LB, comfortable on the ball and had a quality delivery in the few games I seen him. Have him and Gamez competing for LB and then Mbemba/Lascelles/Hanley/Dummett competing for the CB places.

Juventus have accepted an offer from Manchester United for Paul Pogba. The Premier League club are preparing the contracts and documents to finalise the midfielder’s signing.

United have agreed to pay €110m (£92.7m) plus add-ons for Pogba but it is understood Juventus will announce the initial fee as €100m (£84.3m) to take account of the tax they will pay.

The final details of the deal were settled when Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, met Juventus in Turin on Thursday. Juventus had been asking United to make all necessary payments to Raiola but have agreed to give him a fee for his work on the deal. He will also receive around €20m from United.

If Pogba’s fee is announced as €100m it will place him level with Gareth Bale as the world’s most expensive player. That is what Real Madrid paid to take Bale from Tottenham Hotspur in 2013.

Pobga is set to become United’s fourth signing since José Mourinho was appointed as manager, following the defender Eric Bailly, the striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Ibrahimovic trained with the team for the first time on Thursday, having been excused the trip to China, and is expected to make his debut against Galatasaray in Gothenburg on Saturday.

United hope to have completed the signing of Pogba by then. The 23-year-old must undergo a medical before sealing a return to the club he joined from Le Havre in 2009 and for whom he made seven first-team appearances before leaving for Juventus in 2012.

Mourinho has indicated that Pogba’s arrival will signal the end of United’s significant transfer business this summer, having targeted four players. “Our fundamental market is 75% done,” he said last weekend, “and when we sign one midfield player that crucial work will be done.” Mourinho did rule out further purchases, though. “Sometimes things happen that you are not expecting, and we have to react,” he said.

We'll see if this triggers a Sissoko to Real Madrid transfer :lol:

Guest chopey

'Januzaj, B-Jackson, Fosu-Mensah, Pereira, McNair, Blackett, Wilson, Keane all told to find new clubs #mufc'

Wouldn't mind seeing us taking a punt on Borthwick-Jackson if he was being flogged on the cheap. Looked decent for them last season at LB, comfortable on the ball and had a quality delivery in the few games I seen him. Have him and Gamez competing for LB and then Mbemba/Lascelles/Hanley/Dummett competing for the CB places.

I wouldn't say no to any of them

Doubt he cares, but can't be good for the academy and youth coaches relations with Mourinho as they have presumably been there a quite a while bringing through a lot of very talented youngsters for Jose to waltz in and decide to get rid of them a month into the job

Would take the first 4 straight away.

How many times have you seen Pereira play like?

He's played 5 PL games, only once more than 12 minutes.

He's played 5 PL games, only once more than 10 minutes.

My mistake, I misread and thought McNair was before Pereira. Looked a decent prospect when he was given a chance. Wouldn't be the worst option as a 4th choice CB.

He's played 5 PL games, only once more than 12 minutes.

Saw Pereira in Man Utd's pre season last year and thought he'd be a superstar. Obviously isn't the case but he does have talent.

Remember when Bale was according to some masssively overrated by the 'london press' then won 2 champions leagues and a copa del Ray? Ahhh football fans.

The way prices are going if they use him correctly it'll end up looking like good value. What's a problem for him is if he isn't tipping up games left right and centre this year people will be right in his back. If he's strong enough to get through that he's a great signing.