Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Why does everyone say that?

He could go missing for four games, and score four in a single game in game five and his record would read four in five. I don't think he's as consistent as people may think. I feel like he needs five or six chances to score a goal, too. I've seen him miss some absolute sitters.

The longest he's gone this season without a goal is two matches.

Guest neesy111

I'd have thought Aubameyang would be just as marketable as Neuer, even if he probably is the best keeper in the world.

The best goalkeeper in the world is Galactico marketing.

But this era of Galactico signings don't tend to be 30. De Gea, a CM or a young lad imo.

30 is fine for a GK.  Though I wouldn't count a GK as a Galactico signing.

Guest neesy111

No idea why Neuer would want to leave Bayern to go to Real in all honesty.

Yeah, the transfer wouldn't make sense to me unless he wants a new challenge.

Why does everyone say that?

He could go missing for four games, and score four in a single game in game five and his record would read four in five. I don't think he's as consistent as people may think. I feel like he needs five or six chances to score a goal, too. I've seen him miss some absolute sitters.

The longest he's gone this season without a goal is two matches.

You're right. I took a look at their results and he actually has scored in a lot of them.

I'd have thought Aubameyang would be just as marketable as Neuer, even if he probably is the best keeper in the world.

The best goalkeeper in the world is Galactico marketing.

But this era of Galactico signings don't tend to be 30. De Gea, a CM or a young lad imo.

30 is fine for a GK.  Though I wouldn't count a GK as a Galactico signing.

Real rarely buy players with little re-sale value these days though. De Gea will hold value for the next 5 years. Neuer won't.

Also Bayern are competitive and Neuer's home nation. Man Utd aren't and de Gea is from Madrid.

Verratti is a good option. Handsome too. Need some more CM depth. Kroos, Casemiro & Modric as the trio.. can bring in Isco or James at the top of a midfield 3 but then you've got a big fall off in quality with Kovacic. Kovacic could do with being loaned out for a season or sold with a buy-out clause. Massive potential there but won't get enough game time because of the others.

BVB have been sweeping up the best young players in Europe over the past 18-24 months.

They'll be making some canny profit off them in a few years when the superclubs come calling.

BVB have been sweeping up the best young players in Europe over the past 18-24 months.

They'll be making some canny profit off them in a few years when the superclubs come calling.

Aye, Bayern are going to be some team in the 20/21 season.

Dortmund are the club Ashley wishes we could be like.

Maybe it's time for "the Dortmund model"?

No way would Ashley sanction spending the money Dortmund does on young talent.

this is a major part of ashley's problem in a nutshell, he seems to still exist in the era where highly rated kids go for about £1-2m and first team starters for £5-10m max

everyone else has moved on, if he won't move on and listen to whatever rafa tells him we'll struggle again no doubt about it

Dortmund are the club Ashley wishes we could be like.

Maybe it's time for "the Dortmund model"?

No way would Ashley sanction spending the money Dortmund does on young talent.

this is a major part of ashley's problem in a nutshell, he seems to still exist in the era where highly rated kids go for about £1-2m and first team starters for £5-10m max

everyone else has moved on, if he won't move on and listen to whatever rafa tells him we'll struggle again no doubt about it

Absolutely. If we don't smash our transfer record in the summer (which I'm not entirely sure we will), we're in for a long ride.

Good example, and I knnow I've gone on about him a bit on here, but Dortmund signed Isak from AIK for €10m. A (recently turned) 17 year old kid with one season of football in him in the Swedish league. Ashley would have had a fucking heart attack if someone suggested that to him, but I've no doubt that it'll pay off for Dortmund in a few years.