Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest chopey

As he won the Championship, does that make him a Champion?

Good point ....................stick 50p on the transfer fee

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love to ask Rafa why we're not in for him.

The £140k a week will have something to do with it.

Maybe, but the low fee negates any need to worry about that imo. It would only work out as an extra 5 million on a 3 year contract.

Maybe, but the low fee negates any need to worry about that imo. It would only work out as an extra 5 million on a 3 year contract.

All true but if you're anyone else you're asking for a payrise as soon as he arrives.

Anyhoo, City are buying another RB for £25m.

All true but if you're anyone else you're asking for a payrise as soon as he arrives.

This.

This.

In particular if the guy ends up just wanting to collect another fat paycheck and doesn't produce the goods. Not worth the bother, imho.

Or maybe I just get a bad vibe from former Real Madrid backup strikers transferring to NUFC :lol:

Disagree with that, a lot of clubs are in the shitter due to paying ridiculous wages. It has a much larger impact than high transfer fees IMO, not that i care personally but the general idea of low fee negating it i disagree with.

Although there's another reason we won't be in for him, i don't think Rafa wants someone too similar to Gayle. This is based on absolutely fuck all, but i suspect the striker we buy will be of a different type than Gayle.

Guest firetotheworks

Disagree with that, a lot of clubs are in the shitter due to paying ridiculous wages. It has a much larger impact than high transfer fees IMO, not that i care personally but the general idea of low fee negating it i disagree with.

Is there any reason why you think that? I can't think of a reason why there's any difference aside from it affecting other players as Disco mentioned.

Because you are paying it over a weekly basis over the basis of a contract, it eventually adds up to be more toxic than a high transfer fee would. Clubs like Sunderland are always financially fucked because of loads of big contracts despite not actually spending huge on transfer fees.

Like i said though, i don't particularly care and i doubt signing Hernandez would effect the club long term too much but i just disagree with the notion of it's free so it doesn't matter much.

Guest firetotheworks

Because you are paying it over a weekly basis over the basis of a contract, it eventually adds up to be more toxic than a high transfer fee would. Clubs like Sunderland are always financially fucked because of loads of big contracts despite not actually spending huge on transfer fees.

Like i said though, i don't particularly care and i doubt signing Hernandez would effect the club long term too much but i just disagree with the notion of it's free so it doesn't matter much.

So basically they're only worse if you're a club that hasn't taken wages over the course of the contract into account, or in other words isn't managing its finances correctly.

Man City fee agreed with Real for Danilo. ~£30m. That'll be near £80m spent on 2 RB's :serious:

Wait what? What are they doing? Unless they believe he can play at LB that is a ridiculous transfer. Even more so considering how shite he was last season.