Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest firetotheworks

It's unpopular, but i'd rather the power be in the players hands than it being in greedy corporations.

To use an example, in the UFC the fighters are disgustingly underpaid and it all filters to the greedy corporations. I don't defend players doing ridiculous stunts like the ones Dortmund's Dembele is doing but i'd rather empower the players than the owners personally.

Also i think players are dumb as fuck for signing long contracts like Coutinho did last summer, if you want to keep your options open then sign a shorter contract. If he went to Liverpool and said i only want a 2 year deal do you think Liverpool would say no? i highly doubt it.

I don't think it's as either/or as that tbh, particularly when we're talking about players who anything but underpaid. I understand your point though.

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

:thup:

Whole situation is a farce.

Yeah, this one deal will reduce player and agent power.

Wat?

Liverpool rejecting this deal will achieve the sum total of fuck all.

What are you on about? No one said it would achieve or change anything. I said ANYTHING to reduce player and agent power, which in this specific situation it undeniably would.

It will reduce player and agent power? I guess I don't agree.

So Coutinho and his agent push for a move, Liverpool say no, reject all offers and it changes nothing? So Coutinho and his agent get what they want and move to Barcelona regardless then? Of course they don't, in that situation Liverpool stick to their guns and Coutinho stays, him and his agent don't get what they want, and Liverpool are in control. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly think otherwise, but godspeed.

He'll just get his move later though. It's not like he's gonna see his contract out now because they've rejected this bid.

We've bid €30m for Seri according to our press.

Can't see them letting him go for anything other than his release clause (40m).

Barca board must be hoping to keep that extra 10m back to stick on the Coutinho deal :shifty:

Coutinho's good but he's not a Suarez or Ronaldo.  There is a chance this move never comes around again. 

im with Mole on this. I'm all for player power. You can be a great servant for a club, play through injury, risk long term personal injuries, clock in many years service, as soon as your deemed not good enough your shut out from the first team and made to feel a pariah. 

Guest firetotheworks

I'm all for Liverpool rejecting bids tbh. Anything to reduce player and agent power is good in my book.

:thup:

Whole situation is a farce.

Yeah, this one deal will reduce player and agent power.

Wat?

Liverpool rejecting this deal will achieve the sum total of fuck all.

What are you on about? No one said it would achieve or change anything. I said ANYTHING to reduce player and agent power, which in this specific situation it undeniably would.

It will reduce player and agent power? I guess I don't agree.

So Coutinho and his agent push for a move, Liverpool say no, reject all offers and it changes nothing? So Coutinho and his agent get what they want and move to Barcelona regardless then? Of course they don't, in that situation Liverpool stick to their guns and Coutinho stays, him and his agent don't get what they want, and Liverpool are in control. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly think otherwise, but godspeed.

He'll just get his move later though. It's not like he's gonna see his contract out now because they've rejected this bid.

Aye, either at a higher fee, or Liverpool just reject all bids. The point being that Liverpool aren't bending over backwards for Coutinho and his agent. I really didn't think it was a point that needed this much of an explanation :idontknow:

How could you go from beautiful Spain, playing good football against sides who try to play to getting the shit kicked out of you in the pouring rain by Tony Pulis's orc-like backline? :lol:

I could think of a few million reasons

More than Neymar?  Only players I could see for that amount would be Cronaldo, Messi or maybe Suarez.

Maybe they're gonna give us £250m for ginger Jack.

Only if an unheard of manager took over at Man City, signed Colback and retired mysteriously the next day would that ever happen.

So basically only in Football Manager.

Can't believe Messi has got less than 12 months on his deal and Barca haven't even sorted out a proper new deal for him yet :lol:

Could actually see him going to City next summer if Barca flop massively this season.