Norwich City vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Jan @19.45

joeyt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Sammy stick :anguish:

He's only 21, started a handful of games and Marveaux isn't remotely similar so I am not sure why people still bang on about players like Sammy or Obertan starting ahead of him.

The fact he's "only 21 and started a handful of games" is why people are annoyed at his inclusion.

He's never looked ready for the Premiership, maybe he's improved behind closed doors or something? Fuck knows. Either way if him being on the pitch and Marveaux not even being in the squad has anything to do with their footballing ability, and not down to other concerns, then Pardew is off his fucking tits.

I'm not too down on Sammy starting. I'm surprised he hasn't played more this season. He was shit hot against Leeds earlier in the year. He probably deserves a chance.

:lol:

He put in a good cross against a team who were beaten 6-0 by Sheff Wed. Quality.

He's only 21, started a handful of games and Marveaux isn't remotely similar so I am not sure why people still bang on about players like Sammy or Obertan starting ahead of him.

The fact he's "only 21 and started a handful of games" is why people are annoyed at his inclusion.

He's never looked ready for the Premiership, maybe he's improved behind closed doors or something? Fuck knows. Either way if him being on the pitch and Marveaux not even being in the squad has anything to do with their footballing ability, and not down to other concerns, then Pardew is off his fucking tits.

Marveaux wide left in a 4-3-3 would have been slightly less visible that Cabaye tonight. At least Sammy is positive, always wants the ball and tries to take people on. If Marveaux was playing he would have been in for Anita or Sissoko.

Might as well moan about Sammy starting over MYM.

Fucking depressing that a player born in 1997 (Armstrong) is making our bench mind :lol:

16 year old on the bench basically says a lot about the quality of the squad. A few injuries and soon looks weak.

Now that's glass half-empty. Maybe we should be excited that we've got a 16 year old that's good enough to make the bench. Who knows.

Marveaux wide left in a 4-3-3 would have been slightly less visible that Cabaye tonight. At least Sammy is positive, always wants the ball and tries to take people on. If Marveaux was playing he would have been in for Anita or Sissoko.

Fucking depressing that a player born in 1997 (Armstrong) is making our bench mind :lol:

Aye because Marveaux hasn't been a match winner playing on the wings before...

16 year old on the bench basically says a lot about the quality of the squad. A few injuries and soon looks weak.

Four of the first team squad out at the moment to be fair, no doubt people will say well one isn't coming back (Cabaye) but one will soon be in the door who would have started today.

Aye because Marveaux hasn't been a match winner playing on the wings before...

I like Marveaux a lot but he isn't a wide player, he might have had the odd good game out there but will have had just as many where you forget he is even on the pitch. With Cabaye going he might get more games but I doubt they will be out wide.

Four of the first team squad out at the moment to be fair, no doubt people will say well one isn't coming back (Cabaye) but one will soon be in the door who would have started today.

True, but that's still the point im trying to make. Squad depth is the solution to players being out and we dont have any. Imagine if HBA got crocked tonight.