Newcastle United vs sunderland - 01/02/14 @ 12.45pm (No TV)

TheGuv
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They thoroughly deserved to beat us when they won 3-0.

They did but couldn't help but feel had Cisse's goal had stood, they would have crumbled. Can't take anything away from their strikes though, they've scored some excellent goals in the last two tbf to them.

I dread to think what'll happen if we lose this.

For the first time ever, secretly hoping we do lose in the desperate hope that defeat to the scum, following another shite transfer window, might break the apathy and get large numbers of "fans" protesting against Fat Ash and his cronies.

I see the twisted logic but,

a) we won't get rid of Ashley and his cronies

b) there won't be any protests

c) at the first sight of those red and white abominations contaminating our pitch, all the theory and dastardly plans will go out the window.

Was their 3rd offside or did I imagine that?

They all went in from miles out so it'd be unlikely, can't remember like and I've never watched it back.

Absolute chalk and cheese to how I feel about this match compared to last season, hopefully the result will follow suit

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't want to check. :anguish:

I'm not sure how to feel about it. Felt a bit better before Remy got that red put it that way...

I dread to think what'll happen if we lose this.

For the first time ever, secretly hoping we do lose in the desperate hope that defeat to the scum, following another shite transfer window, might break the apathy and get large numbers of "fans" protesting against Fat Ash and his cronies.

I see the twisted logic but,

a) we won't get rid of Ashley and his cronies

b) there won't be any protests

c) at the first sight of those red and white abominations contaminating our pitch, all the theory and dastardly plans will go out the window.

You're probably right, but I would trade another home defeat by the scum for 20 or 30,000 Geordies screaming for Ashley to fuck off!

Simply cannot see how we'll win. They're in good form, 2 losses in the last 13 games, a vital win against Stoke which moved them out of the bottom 3 and of course that Semi will have them bouyed on confidence. Not only have they got a relegation battle to motivate them, but failure to perform in a big game like the Derby may see the players that do play, less likely to feature in the final, especially given their massive squad. Furthermore they're going to be massively boosted by new signings, players making their debut's and players looking to keep their place in the team. This goes without even mentioning the fact that Poyet has tactically bummed Pardew in the face on his last 3 occasions with an even weaker sides.

We've not looked nearly as good in recent weeks, take West Ham out of the picture when the man we have just sold absolutely bossed it and I dare say we've looked particularly poor since the turn of the year. Couple this with the fact that our three main goal threats this season are not available (Gouf, Cabaye, Remy) and their replacements, or the replacements that Pardew will pick hardly fill you with confidence. Shola is going to get eaten alive by the inform Brown, at least it'll put to bed the nonesense that he only comes good in derbies.

The final nail in the coffin will be the fact that Pardew has absolutely no idea how to motivate his players for these games, whether it be the attitude of some of the players, the lack of understanding that was drilled into previous squads by the likes of Nolan and Barton (who were worth their weight in gold for these types f games) or just general fear by our lot, as it stands the side and Pardews record in these derbies have been horrendous. Can't see that selling our best player and not even attempting to seriously replace him or achieve absolutely anything this season will have a positive effect on our side.

All in all, I dont think that I've ever been more sure of a derby day defeat than this one, which speaks fucking volumes about this stupid club given the fact that on the face of it, we're playing 17th place Sunderland at home.

I'm not feeling confident but do think this is a score draw. We're not suddenly awful and they're not suddenly good. They've picked up points recently but I think the pressure is on them, let's see how they deal with it.

In line with the "roller coaster" that is following this mad house I fully expect to have lost another blue chip player by 11pm tonight without signing anyone & go on to smash the Albanians tomorrow leaving us both utterly bewildered & exhilarated in equal measure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Loads of people telling me that places in the town aren't showing the game. Any truth in it?

Makes sense - as the majority of the idiots causing the trouble last time round didn't actually go to the game.

I think they arrested 6 match goers.

Townhouse in Whitley still showing it and imagine a few other pubs round there are.

Townhouse is always decent for the derby. I watched it in there the last time we won one. As far as I'm concerned it was probably still Bar Oz the last time that happened :lol:

Loads of people telling me that places in the town aren't showing the game. Any truth in it?

Same rumours here. Northumbria police. I'll say no more.

Players have just posted that they are showing it