Clément Grenier

LRD

I know him very well, he's a very good player but he could struggle because of Pardew's managing. He's not that kind of player that could fit easily in any team, like Cabaye. He shows his best when his team play "good football".

He can make the team play better, he can make Remy score a lot of goals, he can help getting a lot more from Ben Arfa, but in a team which tries to play "good football".

To be fair, we have played a lot more football on the deck this season, just maybe not great in oppositions half at times and waste a fair few chances

That's right, the last match for example was good. What I want to mean is if you get this kind of player, you need a good game plan to go with. Sometimes Pardew give me the feeling that he doesn't know what he wants, like he did with Ben Arfa.

But if he wants to build around Grenier in a 4-3-3, or a 4-4-2 with a 10 and two strikers, with technical players, with short passes, I think it's a very good idea to get him. Otherwise Cabella can be a better solution.

If it was up to madras we'd never pay good money for any player. Sick of reading the same drivel every window.

Bet he's a f***ing nightmare in Asda, haggling over every item before making the wife put it all back on the shelves and going home with f*** all.

nearly right. I tell her to put back the crap (too many biscuits and breakfast cereal usually)

i'm sick of hearing thw same drivel aswell "just pay the money, whatever they are asking , just pay it"

we need the proverrbial happy medium, don't you agree ?

When people say "pay them whatever they ask" i don't think they mean it literally like here's £10m extra more than needed to get the player...

But we often offer way below a players value, and most of all we seem to refuse to go any/much higher. Starting low is always good, but sometimes you have to pay a bit extra to get the player.

If it was up to madras we'd never pay good money for any player. Sick of reading the same drivel every window.

Bet he's a f***ing nightmare in Asda, haggling over every item before making the wife put it all back on the shelves and going home with f*** all.

nearly right. I tell her to put back the crap (too many biscuits and breakfast cereal usually)

i'm sick of hearing thw same drivel aswell "just pay the money, whatever they are asking , just pay it"

Not when your 'happy medium' means us getting jack all.

You speak as if we offer 20m when they are asking for 15m.

What difference does it make to you personally if we have to pay over the odds for a player?

When people say "pay them whatever they ask" i don't think they mean it literally like here's £10m extra more than needed to get the player...

what do they mean then ?

usually it means they haven't got a clue of the figures, like I've asked earlier "how far would you go for Grenier ?" they'll build on what the press (who they slag off as knowing nowt) say.

What difference does it make to you personally if we have to pay over the odds for a player?

it means we get less value, ie money wasted that could have been used on other players.

it means nothng to me personally, as a fan wasting money like that means a lot.

no doubt you'd have been chuffed had we spent 12mill on haidara, not your money after all?

Ran away with post of the year in 2012 and rightly so, honestly had me laughing hysterically at the time. Love neesy.

it means we get less value, ie money wasted that could have been used on other players.

How is it wasted money if it means we get a player that we need and improves us?  Paying slightly more for a player can be better than sticking to our principles and getting nobody.

How is it wasted money if it means we get a player that we need and improves us?  Paying slightly more for a player can be better than sticking to our principles and getting nobody.

theres the point..."slightly more". what is slightly more ?, have you the figures to hand ?

Absolutely creased at Sewelly's sigs, despite how many times I've seen them. :lol:

Fuck this, I'm off to bed.

I can't add anymore, wish I could.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93266.msg4062064.html#msg4062064

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,38850.msg2697414.html#msg2697414

Christ the Guthrie one, never saw that before. Assumed he had came in pissed the way he was carrying on then noticed the posts were in the afternoon.  :lol:

what do they mean then ?

usually it means they haven't got a clue of the figures, like I've asked earlier "how far would you go for Grenier ?" they'll build on what the press (who they slag off as knowing nowt) say.

Well, say it's fairly well known a club is looking for £13m for a player.  You can go in low, say £8.5m, then when that's rejected up it a little to £11m and if they still reject it then meet their valuation at £13m and get your man.  We seem to have a little issue with the last step.

You seem to think we want to run at them screaming 'take all our money!!!' while lobbing £1m bundles of cash at them.  If a club wants a certain figure and it's a reasonable price then pay it.

no doubt you'd have been chuffed had we spent 12mill on haidara, not your money after all?

Money used on other players? Have you been living in a cave for the last five years?

If we don't get this lad, we'll get absolutely fuck all and we'll not be signing anyone else even if he costs us thirty quid.

Erm French airports closed today, air traffic controllers on strike

French traffic hit by European air controllers'' strike

Kuwait News Agency-37 minutes agoShare

The French Airport Authority (DGAC) has already called on companies to cancel 20 percent of their flights after strike action began at midnight and is due to last

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2358462&language=en

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 51s

Jean Michel Aulas the Lyon President confirms he has rejected two offers from England for Clement Grenier. #OL #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 39s

Jean Michel Aulas: 'I do not believe that there will be any movements.' #OL

Expand

Given Kinnear's track record he probably tells players we've won the Champions League 6 times (while he was manager) and that we're always finishing in the top 4 in England. He's a lying cunt and no doubt an embarrassment when trying to negotiate deals. Maybe that's why we've only signed two loan players since he came here?

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 51s

Jean Michel Aulas the Lyon President confirms he has rejected two offers from England for Clement Grenier. #OL #NUFC

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 39s

Jean Michel Aulas: 'I do not believe that there will be any movements.' #OL

Expand

It should be added that the later of those two tweets refers to his opinion on whether there'll be any movements in the whole Lyon squad, not specifically just with Grenier.

Sell him Shola then, sounds like a perfect match.

so how about we pay 18mill, we could get him for 12mill, thats 6mill we could use elsewhere. don't you remember where luque,smith, martins , owen etc left us ?

the man city's, chelseas, PSG's of the football world can say " I couldn't give a f*** about balance sheets/profits/future sales." unfortunately, we can't.

Why does it concern you how much we pay for a player?  I doubt the fans of those clubs give a shit about how much they pay either.

Because now we support balance sheets, it's the only area of the club where there's any hope of success.