January Transfer Window Positives

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

First of all, it is always sad to see a top player leave but it is an absolute honour to see one of our lot join arguably one of the biggest clubs in the world in PSG and although when he is playing CL football it will be for another club, he will still be representing NUFC in some small way. If he came to NUFC a boy, he surely left as a man and that's down to us. Newcastle United!

Staying with Cabaye, £20m... twenty fucking million pounds man! Just think of what we can do with all that money man, the players we could buy and the wages we could splash out on. Although I'm hoping the powers that be save some of it for another bore hole personally, but that's a lot of wonga that. I bet others are shitting themselves at our spending power.

So we lost Cabaye, one of our best players, but we didn't lose anyone else. Given the number of purples we have, we should be grateful we only lost one. I bet there are hundreds of clubs who would love to get their hands on the likes of Krul, Colo, Sissoko, Remy, Ben Arfa et al. We've managed to keep them for another window by the looks of it though, barring some mad late Carroll type bid from someone late in the hour. We should be happy with this alone.

But no, we actually managed to get someone in, de Jong, someone who we once offered £10m or so for, now we have him on a loan and will probably get him for half of that. That's good business really.

The best thing about this window though is that we've never been ripped off or taken to the cleaners. Far too often under Shepherd and co we would throw money away at any old signing, leaving us in financial mess. Thankfully those days are over. Those French lads, imagine if we signed them for a few extra quid more than they were worth or were going for and they flopped? Where would that leave us? Back to the dark old days of Shepherd and Co and we all know where that was leading us to. Yep, another Leeds or Portsmouth.

Thank fuck that won't be happening to us thanks to Mike and Alan, and of course uncle Joe.

I was disappointed with the Norwich result, but one good thing to come out of that is Remy's sending off as that opens the door for you know who against the mackems. Aye, you got it, wor Shola, the mackem slayer. Come on you Mags, fuck the scum. SMB!

PS I'm as anxious as all of yous and shall be keeping my fingers crossed we lose no-one else as the hours tick down. Though if someone offers daft money for one of our players then we have to take it and run because we'd be mad not to. I'd hate for us to be skint and unable to sign other players due to there being no money, much less end up like Leeds.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm just happy to stay up after the fright we got when we were relegated. 8th is like winning the lottery really. Kudos to everyone at the club for getting us into such a lofty position in the first place. If we don't lose anyone else before midnight, with a bit of magic, we might just stay in the top 10. Fingers crossed.

We've still got a team & squad which should finish 8th, it's just frustrating as fuck that they don't just go the extra yard to push a bit further.

Team yes, squad no. Second bit is obvs spot on though.

We've still got a team & squad which should finish 8th, it's just frustrating as f*** that they don't just go the extra yard to push a bit further.

Team yes, squad no.

When you consider the teams below us i'd still agree with him tbh not any further than 8th though.