Newcastle United 0 - 3 Sunderland - 01/02/14- Post-bumming reaction from page 43

LRD

I'd bet he has had opportunities of recent to sell the club, but it's making him too much money for SD and ultimately, himself. And of course if it is revenge on his part - he's got a bit more to go yet, I reckon.

the moment someone offers him his full money back and probably a bit on top he's off. The thing is who's going to pay £300m for us?

Pre-match thread was completely prophetic, by and large, other than Brett's drivel including:

0-3 again with 3 shit players to score

My missus wanted to put £50 on them to win, why the fuck didn't I just go with it? :dave:

Decided to go out for the day to miss this as i was expecting a gutless performance and another beating...sad thing is I'm not even surprised anymore.

Gonna go read through some of this thread and watch the highlights to see what happened, but my guess is Pardew was a coward as usual, Ameobi probably started, we may well have had a player sent off(please God not Debuchy again), their players looked up for it and ours didn't. Not sure if I've missed anything.

What an absolute disgrace. Pardew didn't have a clue. We all sat and watched as he stood by, clueless, unable to demonstrate any kind of tactical intellect. The fact he didn't even attempt to change things before half time shows how clueless he is. Shola played 90 mins ffs.

Why am I paying >£500 per season for this shite?

The tragic thing is I don't think I've ever felt so apathetic. By rights I should be furious but I'm just one of many thousands who sat there until the final whistle, feeling embarassed. Especially given the procession of cockends who ran on the pitch.

What a laugh eh?

Guest Roger Kint

What happened when someone ran on the pitch? Some places are saying it was one person and others are saying that it was a group?

One went to dugout and threw his ticket at Pardew, another booted the ball away and generally was a total fucktard. Could well have been a third oo

Wullie is quick out today, we got beat.

Pardew's fault, awful tactics, awful mentality and awful performance. As much as I think the blame lies on Pardew, there's no need for not one of out players to get no higher than a 4 out of 10. Disgraceful both those on and off it, complete bottlers!

What happened when someone ran on the pitch? Some places are saying it was one person and others are saying that it was a group?

One went to dugout and threw his ticket at Pardew, another booted the ball away and generally was a total fucktard. Could well have been a third oo

Anyone who gets on the pitch from the stands and acts as a fan is a 'fucktard', as much as I don't like Taylor, he should have close lined the bloke before it escalated just as a thank you to Pardew for playing him.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew's fault, awful tactics, awful mentality and awful performance. As much as I think the blame lies on Pardew, there's no need for not one of out players to get no higher than a 4 out of 10. Disgraceful both those on and off it, complete bottlers!

Agree totally, The entire team/manager/staff want to be fucking ashamed tbh

It's probably already been discussed but after it got to 0-3 there were three separate pitch invaders I think. One seemed to be attempting to hand over his season ticket (can't say I blame him). The other two seemed to be drunk idiot charvers.

The really sad part about today's match is that we should have been able to play losse and free flowing football. We are not in a relegation scrap, the result matters but all the pressure should have been on the scum. They needed the points more than we did. But yet we contrived to look like a total shambles. That to me lads is down to coaching.

your feeling generous

A third knob ran on at full time (from the Leazes) but got restrained without further incident. Unlike the second guy who took on the stewards for what felt like 5 minutes.

Just a totally shit performance, we were hoofing it early doors and it was pathetic. Brown & O'Shea are limited defenders but it's bread and butter for them, they won't be worried by big hoofs to Shola. Williamson was back to the Williamson of old, shitting himself when in possession and Taylor only marginally better. Both were given a lesson by Altidore, who was an immovable object pretty much all day.

The penalty was in slow motion, Johnson had the ball and we doubled up. Everybody could see what was about to happen as Bardsley overlapped but nobody reacted to it. Anita eventually got across but decked the cunt and it was a stonewall pen. The second was just atrocious, ball into Altidore, little flick to the runner and Taylor backed off Colback. Krul was stranded by the deflection but how Johnson was able to follow it up unattended was pretty pathetic. Then there was the Santon/Krul flare up which summed it up.

Going forwards Sammy was the only one doing anything, actually running at them and comitting bodies, something which Ben Arfa should have been able to do more but as usual when he plays the 10 role he gets lost. Sammy was coming infield a lot which left loads of space for Santon but his final ball, much like his set pieces, left a lot to be desired. We huffed and puffed a bit but never really looked like scoring, unsurprisingly.

Worryingly they looked like scoring everytime they came forward, the amount of times they chased lost causes in the corners and got possession or worse skinned a man was embarassing. You can see Poyet's system - the fullbacks push on and the amount of times a cross from the right is retrieved on the left to keep the pressure going was ridiculous. Bridcutt is tidy in possession, Ki can pick a pass and Colback does all the running. By contrast, we ran about committing stupid fouls (I assume this is what Pardew means by 'being too up for it', as it certainly wasn't with our attacking play) with no real plan for scoring or even attacking the opposition.

Second half was better - but then it couldn't be any worse - they had 9 back most of the time and we didn't ever really pen them back. We had a little spell where Shola had a header off the line and headed one over, and I think we had a good pen shout but I'd need to see it back. The ball went wide to Debuchy and their player collided with ours to give Debuchy a free run. As he ran into the box somebody wiped out De Jong and then somebody tripped Shola as he tried to get to the loose ball. Dowd was generally shite though, so I'm not surprised. We wouldn't have deserved anything anyway.

We wasted a number of opportunities to even get a shot away today, Sissoko and De Jong were both practically one on one but neglected to even shoot, which is a worry. De Jong had a couple of openings where his shot was piss poor or non-existant, but we'll give him a chance. Shola was Shola, it wasn't him who set the team up to play long ball but he missed a few chances. So long.

The crowd turned today, as we expected. I didn't hear a peep from the mackems due to the utter disgust from our lot today, and rightly so. Not that it will make any difference.

The thing is, we didn't really turn. Not massively. I've heard the FCB chant sung louder and longer than that. And how Pardew gets away without a single chant against him is beyond me. It's to our credit and our detriment at the same time.

The thing is, we didn't really turn. Not massively. I've heard the FCB chant sung louder and longer than that. And how Pardew gets away without a single chant against him is beyond me. It's to our credit and our detriment at the same time.

There was a fair few of our lot singing sacked in the morning where I was.

If only it were true...

TF's match reports makes for desperate reading and again, it's hard to disagree with any of it;

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-report-newcastle-united-0-3-sunderland-st-james-park-1st-feb-2014-1245pm-premier-league-att-52280/

Have you ever felt more depressed as a Newcastle fan?  I’ve been following United home and away for 30 years.  I’ve been to Elm Park, the Manor Ground, Leeds Road, the Abbey Stadium and Broadhall Way with my dad, the bloke I love more than anything in the world, the bloke who has shaped me as a human being, driving us to Prenton Park, Boundary Park and Millmoor.  Hours together, hours following Newcastle through thin and thinner.  Hours dreaming of the day we had a football team we could be proud of.

There have been days, years even when everything has clicked on the pitch and in the city.  I felt as proud of NUFC as I ever have when we were standing on the edge of the abyss with eight men at Derby twenty-odd years ago and the noise from the away end was as loud as I’ve heard as I did when we were scoring our third against Barcelona in the Champions League all those years ago.

We’ve had our ups and downs and there have been days when you felt it couldn’t get any worse.  Three nil down at Barnsley, losing at Wigan under Souness, life couldn’t get any worse, right?  Well, no actually, not right.

In the 1000+ games that I’ve gone to watch Newcastle United, I can’t think of a time when I’ve been more ashamed to follow the club than I did today.  I won’t even bother with a match report as such – they scored three and if they had upped their game they could have scored a dozen.  Sunderland, our deadliest rivals, came and took the piss for the second season running.

Ben Arfa, a player I have eulogised for the past two years was a disgrace.  Disinterested, anonymous.  We know that Pardew is a fucking idiot, we know that he hasn’t got the vaguest idea how to play a man of your ability.  We know all that, but how can we forgive you not giving two shits about our team?

Santon was the worst of a very bad lot.  Again, a player I’ve defended repeatedly, putting in a performance that was absolutely beyond the pail.  I’d be happy if he never pulled on a black and white shirt again. Anita?  Celebrating the complete pinnacle of mediocrity.  Sissoko?  Three good games out of a hundred.  I felt sorry for Sammy Ameobi, that’s as bad as we’ve got.  The kid was the best player we had and he is absolute dogshit.  His brother?  Jesus.  Just Jesus.

I don’t mind getting beat and honestly, I don’t even mind losing to them.  They were the better side again and it is a blessing that it was only three.  If you’ll allow me this indulgence, I’ll tell you what I do mind.  I mind walking down Stowell Street with my dad after the game and watching a bloke in his sixties who has no prospect of going to the match to watch a United side he can be proud of with his son.

I resent Ashley. I hate him truth be told and the same can be said for Pardew.  Chancer.  Shit player, shit manager.  I would love to think that he wakes up every morning and realises how lucky he is but he won’t.  You don’t get us, Alan, not really.  For all your slimy bullshit in front of the cameras, you’ll never know what it means and I wouldn’t even give a shrug if you got sacked in the morning.  Dispensable.  Just like us.  How does it feel?

I feel as powerless as the rest of you do.  Ashley will stay there as long as he’s making money out of us and we’ll either have to like it or lump it.  And you know what?  After however many trips away watching the lads, however many ups and downs, I’m almost at the point where if it were the latter, then so be it.  Cheers, Mike.  Cheers, Alan.  You’ve got me.

Congratulations to the Mackems.  I hope you have a great weekend in London in a month’s time, you deserve it.  Equally, I obviously hope you get stuffed.  But more than anything, I hope we get the teams we deserve.  Both of us.

Team – Krul 5, Debuchy 1, Williamson 3, S Taylor 2, Santon 0 (Dummett 5) Sissoko 1, Anita 0 (Marveaux 1), Tiote 3, Ben Arfa 0, SAMMY 5 (De Jong 1), Shola 0

Ref – Dowd – 6 – Barely noticed him

Our Fans – 5 – Depressed

Their Fans – 7 – Happy, obviously, but in the circumstances, I’d have expected them to be swinging from the proverbial chandeliers.  Are we that easy?

Keep the Faith

Gareth Harrison

Your boy had a stinker, again.

Someone said the mackems were singing it and some of our lot joined in. Good thing about the SE corner is that you can't really hear the away fans-partly acoustics, partly the noisy buggers in our section. Having said that, it's not even like the 'you don't know what you're doing' chant which was sung against Reading last season. Only time I've heard open, collective dissent against him.