Not worthy of a thread - UEFA Euro 2016 edition

Trumpet

We were singing Don't Take Me Home and Don't Sell Cabaye at the same time, both started a similar time at away games. The Cabaye song came first but it wasn't when he was sold that the new one started. No idea whether we were the first though.

IIRC we started the lyrics from Cabaye to Don't take me home in Düsseldorf for the Schalke Cup then everybody has copied since. Or maybe another European away day.

I never used to mind it. Now it's up there with the worst 'football' song existing. Makes it worse when people are using sniff all your gear rather than drink all the beer. Every video I watch from the Euros is either that song, 10 German Bombers where the apparent RAF of England shot down...dunno about the rest of Britain or its people lobbing chairs.

What a way to be remembered by all other clubs and the locals.

I first remember singing "Don't Take Me Home" on the way back from the match in Brugge (the beer part worked perfectly there too), and I know it was massive in Bordeaux although I didn't go myself.

I first remember singing "Don't Take Me Home" on the way back from the match in Brugge (the beer part worked perfectly there too), and I know it was massive in Bordeaux although I didn't go myself.

I like it when our fans sing it because you can really hear the Geordie accent when you sing "beer" - completely different sound to when other fans sing it.

It works well when going abroad to watch a game - not so well when you are in some horrible town in this country.  Also daft when it is followed up by the "Want to go home" one.

I quite like John Hartson as a pundit. Surprised how good he is, I always assumed he was thick as f*** when I watched him play. Danny Murphy is alright as well.

Murphy is the worst.

I quite like John Hartson as a pundit. Surprised how good he is, I always assumed he was thick as f*** when I watched him play. Danny Murphy is alright as well.

Murphy is the worst.

Danny Murphy has the intense stare of a blatant mass murderer.

I turned on the Switzerland v France game late, and mistook Danny Murphy (commentating) for Ron Atkinson! I said to 'she who knows best(SWKB)': "It'll be awkward if he  bumps into Marcel Desailly". SWKB, who doesn't even like football, but occasionally likes to show willing, pipes up with "Who is he and what's Danny 'Murray' ever done to him?"

I turned on the Switzerland v France game late, and mistook Danny Murphy (commentating) for Ron Atkinson! I said to 'she who knows best(SWKB)': "It'll be awkward if he  bumps into Marcel Desailly". SWKB, who doesn't even like football, but occasionally likes to show willing, pipes up with "Who is he and what's Danny 'Murray' ever done to him?"

Funny you say that I ended up thinking the same thing! Ended up googling big ron and feeling a tad sorry for him

Re: the new format, apart from the effect it's having on entertainment, it's not fair.

Why should the teams going for 3rd in Group E and F have the advantage of knowing exactly what they have to do? That's the whole point of having the final games at the same time, but when the groups all affect each other, it doesn't work.

Big decision for UEFA to make for the next tournament because they can't leave it like this. It's a mess.

Re: the new format, apart from the effect it's having on entertainment, it's not fair.

Why should the teams going for 3rd in Group E and F have the advantage of knowing exactly what they have to do? That's the whole point of having the final games at the same time, but when the groups all affect each other, it doesn't work.

Big decision for UEFA to make for the next tournament because they can't leave it like this. It's a mess.

Also winners of groups E & F have to play group runners up in the last 16.  Every other group winner gets to play a 3rd place team