Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

If Everton and Southampton didn't get as much arse licking on here, i don't think i'd be as bothered to finishing above them. You lot feed me the passion :lol:

Southampton took a dive out of the fa cup against the mackems for whatever reason, failed in league cup, are behind us in the league and they too sold one of their assets in Jan without replacing yet they still get so much praise on here compared to ourselves.

Guest bimpy474

If Everton and Southampton didn't get as much arse licking on here, i don't think i'd be as bothered to finishing above them. You lot feed me the passion :lol:

Southampton took a dive out of the fa cup against the mackems for whatever reason, failed in league cup, are behind us in the league and they too sold one of their assets in Jan without replacing yet they still get so much praise on here compared to ourselves.

You are such a bellend sometimes. They get praise for their football, is it so hard for you to just accept that.

Honestly sometimes I wonder if you are a WUM or just thick.

Guest reefatoon

http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2013/93764-DataLaughing_gif.gif

You are such a bellend sometimes. They get praise for their football, is it so hard for you to just accept that.

Wigan played nice football and got relegated. It's not the be all and end all.

Guest bimpy474

Totally irrelevant, we have better defenders than them. What is it in your brain that stops you accepting teams can play good football and finish well in the league. Which is what all of us want. Right now we have a manager who play mostly dire hopeful crap football but we squeeze results to sit comfortable in the league.

What is wrong with wanting to do that playing better stuff. Can't you understand that ?

And won the FA Cup.

So you still think Pardew should be sacked immediately then HF, as you did after Spurs?

I'd be as delighted to see him go now as i would have been then.

With the 4 games we have in March though, and the players we have back, you can see him going on a run that makes it difficult to put him out of our misery.

Totally irrelevant, we have better defenders than them. What is it in your brain that stops you accepting teams can play good football and finish well in the league. Which is what all of us want. Right now we have a manager who play mostly dire hopeful crap football but we squeeze results to sit comfortable in the league.

What is wrong with wanting to do that playing better stuff. Can't you understand that ?

You can want it but no need to go overboard in regards to it. Chelsea are top of the league but play boring football yet Arsenal are the ones who strive to win it with pretty football.

There's only City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/Southampton/Swansea in the league who really try to play good football week in week out regardless. Not like we are one of kind here. Would be nice to play that way but it's not a crucifixion session all around because we don't.

Guest bimpy474

You can want it but no need to go overboard in regards to it. Chelsea are top of the league but play boring football yet Arsenal are the ones who strive to win it with pretty football.

There's only City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/Southampton/Swansea in the league who really try to play good football week in week out regardless. Not like we are one of kind here. Would be nice to play that way but it's not a crucifixion session all around because we don't.

I don't care who tries or not. I want us to play good football and we don't and wont under Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

And won the FA Cup.

That gets you in the whole argument would you rather have an FA cup in the bag and spend a few years fighting in the Championship for it. Debatable  :lol:

Or, as they are in the Quarter Finals of that cup, played in the Europa League and are mounting a great run into the Championship play offs in a 46 game season.

Something that would fry your hero's brain to dust.

And won the FA Cup.

That gets you in the whole argument would you rather have an FA cup in the bag and spend a few years fighting in the Championship for it. Debatable  :lol:

Or, as they are in the Quarter Finals of that cup, played in the Europa League and are mounting a great run into the Championship play offs in a 46 game season.

But...... 8th.......... Top of our league........ Hands tied....... 8TH!!!!

And won the FA Cup.

They bombed out of Europa early and outside of the playoffs is not an achievement, like. They now face Man City and i can't see history repeating itself. I still fancy them to be in the Championship for a couple of years yet as it's a very tough league to get out of of once you are in it. We did remarkably well to cruise out of it like we did.

I don't care who tries or not. I want us to play good football and we don't and wont under Pardew.

I just want us to play players in their best positions in a shape the whole team is sure of that doesn't completely undermine our own ability to perform.  Lovely passing play that cuts through the opponnents final third is just a pipe dream.

Without Santon, I thought Pardew would choose a more sensible corner taker, but no, he had Dummet taking all the corners this time.  So we're treated to the site of him running to the top right corner and sprinting to get back to defend as a left back while Debuchy is at a loss as to whether he should chase back and cover his own side or make an allowance for Dummett and go more central.  He ran about 2 mile more than he needed to.

We had 6 midfielders/attackers whose overall position was as narrow as the centre circle...

http://i58.tinypic.com/ax1mwm.jpg

.. they all seemed to wander left and right at their own whim...usually left, leaving Cisse as a hopeless cause on the right.

Who would constitute a sensible corner taker? None of them can really cross.

Exactly, so let Anita take it.  He isn't going to be winning any headers, isn't going to be any worse at delivery and isn't running a quarter kilometre to get there and back every time we win one :D

Or just have Dummet take them from the left, Debuchy take the right, so it's easier to retain our shape.

Guest bimpy474

Who would constitute a sensible corner taker? None of them can really cross.

The best one, surely they would see who is the best taker in training. He takes them, if he's not on the pitch the 2nd best takes them.

Actually thought Dummett's corners were fine, whipped in with pace yet fuck nuggett in the dugout had no one on the near post. Absolutely clueless stuff.

Guest bimpy474

And won the FA Cup.

They bombed out of Europa early and outside of the playoffs is not an achievement, like. They now face Man City and i can't see history repeating itself. I still fancy them to be in the Championship for a couple of years yet as it's a very tough league to get out of of once you are in it. We did remarkably well to cruise out of it like we did.

You're an idiot.

It's not so much the boring football as it is our lack of creativity and impotence in the final 3rd. As boring as Chelsea can be they're one of the biggest attacking threats in the league.

Yeah because they have sheer class in the final 3rd. With the right manager they could steam roller teams just the way Man City do. Instead they score a goal and tend to sit back instead of going on and winning by 4/5/6.

And won the FA Cup.

You're an idiot.

I'm just saying i personally wouldn't take the risk of a cup win and a relegation in same season. PL is where you want to be. Nobody remembers boro for a cup win a decade ago. They are just a nothing team now who hover around mid table in the championship each year.

Guest bimpy474

I just want us to play players in their best positions in a shape the whole team is sure of that doesn't completely undermine our own ability to perform.  Lovely passing play that cuts through the opponnents final third is just a pipe dream.

Without Santon, I thought Pardew would choose a more sensible corner taker, but no, he had Dummet taking all the corners this time.  So we're treated to the site of him running to the top right corner and sprinting to get back to defend as a left back while Debuchy is at a loss as to whether he should chase back and cover his own side or make an allowance for Dummett and go more central.  He ran about 2 mile more than he needed to.

We had 6 midfielders/attackers whose overall position was as narrow as the centre circle...

http://i58.tinypic.com/ax1mwm.jpg

.. they all seemed to wander left and right at their own whim...usually left, leaving Cisse as a hopeless cause on the right.

The players are badly trained at movement and ball retention, it's not just about passing play that cuts through opponents. It's about when you lead, keep the ball not retreating like we do and be under pressure for a whole half. When behind, keeping it so you can attack with purpose, not hoofing it and hoping something falls.

Pardew is a shit at attacking football, shit at possession football but a master at dire hopeful nick something stuff. Sick to death of watching us make it up as we go along.