Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

No-one is forcing to read my complete s***. But that is exactly the sort of gratuitous insult that makes people leave here for other places.

Other places are much worse if people don't agree with each other.

Guest neesy111

No he isn't.  There is a long term placement for Colo who will arrive in the summer. And I don't know his name before you ask, just that a deal is in place. And from where I sat at SJP today, there was no hoofball, ONLY when Dummett had nowhere else to go. I saw a side desperately short of confidence and shorn of its most creative players trying hard to play football and working bloody hard in front of a quiet, tense, critical crowd. Oh and I always end up thinking that Agbonglehor is an incredibly underrated player.

I didn't sit at St James today but where I was sitting I did see a fair few balls being his long and it wasn't only Dummett who was guilty of it.  From where I was sitting, I saw two poor teams play 90 something minutes and the home side did just enough to win it.  As for the crowd being quiet, tense and critical, they had every right and still have.

We have a poor manager who is way out of his depth and that's reflected in our poor standard of football which is why the crowd are so quiet.

:thup:

It was only when de jong came on and won a few of these long balls / crosses that we looked a much bigger threat.

I was surprised by the crowd around me generally celebrating as if we'd captured the title. Personally I felt almost completely empty. Don't think I've ever felt like that after a Newcastle winner. :undecided:

Three points closer to a competition that we actively admit we don't want to be in and the manager's job safe for a few more weeks. Joy indeed.

My feelings exactly.

No-one is forcing to read my complete s***. But that is exactly the sort of gratuitous insult that makes people leave here for other places.

Other places are much worse if people don't agree with each other.

Nazi Germany.

We played horribly like I'm not really sure how anybody could see it any other way. It was consistently smacked over our midfield, and we created next to nothing. It's great that we won, but villa are fucking awful and it took a last minute Remy winner

Today was absolute full strength too (unless you count Santon, which it seems many don't).

Got to see the game from a corporate box today. Heard that Santon was officially injured, but wasn't really. The club didn't even try and pretend that HBA was injured and he will be sold. Joke Kinnear took it upon himself to resign - he wasn't pushed. Just passing on what I heard.

Can't be arsed to agree that Colo in our side is massive. Or do you think he's finished and s*** husband too? :lol:

Its massive because we have been playing Taylor at the back every game without him.... who every time he plays we ship s*** loads.

It wouldn't be as massive if Pardew did the right thing to begin with and partnered Williamson with Mbiwa.

Its not just Colo anyway, its the entire spine of the team that got ripped out.

Remy, Tiote and Colo all coming back are obvious major injections in quality.

Guest neesy111

We started the game off ok, first 10 minutes but then rest of the 1st half was pretty even.  2nd half we were the better team, but most opportunities were just still hopeful 20 yard punts at goal until the last 10 minutes when we actually attacked them properly.

In general, it was an awful game with some of the worst finishing I've seen in a PL game.

Debuchy for me was our best player and outlet all game, colo and williamson looked good.  Having no Steven Taylor was probably a bigger positive than having Colo back.  Midfield for me is where all of our problems are and will continue until the summer.

I don't have a clue what formations we played today, just saw Cisse turn into a winger again :anguish: and Sissoko turn up wherever he felt like at times.

A critical crowd that haven't seen their team score since Boxing day, more complete s**** from youself after defending pardew to the backside after the chelsea game.

I only feel compelled to defend Pardew firstly because I know him and secondly because the criticism on here,  unlike at SJP, never seems balanced to me. But that's just my opinion and I am either less objective or more balanced because I know him. Maybe I am blind too far in favour but it does make me smile the way that we finished 5th the season before last gets completed obliterated from the history of NUFC because it doesn't suit an anti-Pardew argument. Still I guess I'm spouting complete shit, simply because I happen to have a different viewpoint. Please believe one thing, if you knew only some of what goes in behind the scenes and how the club is run, you might not change YOUR opinion, which I respect btw, but you might have a slightly different opinion of who is to blame.

A critical crowd that haven't seen their team score since Boxing day, more complete s**** from youself after defending pardew to the backside after the chelsea game.

I only feel compelled to defend Pardew firstly because I know him and secondly because the criticism on here,  unlike at SJP, never seems balanced to me. But that's just my opinion and I am either less objective or more balanced because I know him. Maybe I am blind too far in favour but it does make me smile the way that we finished 5th the season before last gets completed obliterated from the history of NUFC because it doesn't suit an anti-Pardew argument. Still I guess I'm spouting complete s***, simply because I happen to have a different viewpoint. Please believe one thing, if you knew only some of what goes in behind the scenes and how the club is run, you might not change YOUR opinion, which I respect btw, but you might have a slightly different opinion of who is to blame.

If you really know Pardew tell him he's a cunt and to play Ben Arfa

I only feel compelled to defend Pardew firstly because I know him and secondly because the criticism on here,  unlike at SJP, never seems balanced to me. But that's just my opinion and I am either less objective or more balanced because I know him. Maybe I am blind too far in favour but it does make me smile the way that we finished 5th the season before last gets completed obliterated from the history of NUFC because it doesn't suit an anti-Pardew argument. Still I guess I'm spouting complete shit, simply because I happen to have a different viewpoint. Please believe one thing, if you knew only some of what goes in behind the scenes and how the club is run, you might not change YOUR opinion, which I respect btw, but you might have a slightly different opinion of who is to blame.

Regardless of what goes on outside of match day he is still the manager and his tactics and knowledge is pretty poor. His tactics have no enthusiasm to win games, his knowledge of his players abilities is poor. The guy might be a fucking saint, but a football manager he is not.

Guest neesy111

I was over the top in my post earlier apologies, sent you a PM.

Nobody's forgotten the season we finished 5th.  That was a good achievement.  Plenty said it was built on sand unless we stuck with the 4-3-3 system where we actually opened teams up and dominated them, and they were proven right.  I personally don't give a toss what's going on behind the scenes, I think he's a poor manager.

I only feel compelled to defend Pardew firstly because I know him and secondly because the criticism on here,  unlike at SJP, never seems balanced to me. But that's just my opinion and I am either less objective or more balanced because I know him. Maybe I am blind too far in favour but it does make me smile the way that we finished 5th the season before last gets completed obliterated from the history of NUFC because it doesn't suit an anti-Pardew argument. Still I guess I'm spouting complete s***, simply because I happen to have a different viewpoint. Please believe one thing, if you knew only some of what goes in behind the scenes and how the club is run, you might not change YOUR opinion, which I respect btw, but you might have a slightly different opinion of who is to blame.

I couldn't care less what happens behind the scenes, he's a shit manager regardless of finishing 5th.  I have thought and still think that we've got better players capable of better football than our manager has them playing.  Pardew might not be to blame for us not replacing players, he is almost entirely to blame for the shite we serve up and call front foot football.

How long will you consider finishing 5th a reasonable defence for what's being served up? How many times will sunderland have to come and humiliate us on our own ground before finishing 5th a few years ago stops making that perfectly acceptable?

Find it odd too that you've said that Pardew benefits from us selling our best players and reducing the wage bill. You've always known this. He was brought in to do Ashley's bidding and that's exactly what he does 100% of the time, and no doubt made good money from Cabaye going and not being replaced. Why on Earth would you sympathise with him? ???

Too bad you don't feel the same way about him as i do. We could have used you!

The season we finished fifth had plenty of utterly turgid moments in it tbf.

Norwich at home in that six-game winning run was a stand out.  We went 1-0 up then just sat back.  We were grinding out results but the football wasn't exactly swashbuckling.

The 2-2 draw against Wolves at St. James' was rather grim.

If he's prepared to be a complete puppet and do exactly as he's told then he can't turn around and use it as a pathetic excuse when his squad is producing such rank results and performances. He's accepted the conditions he's under and is quite happy to run with - fucking deal with it Pardew.

He can walk away from this club and his situation any time he likes.

Norwich at home in that six-game winning run was a stand out.  We went 1-0 up then just sat back.  We were grinding out results but the football wasn't exactly swashbuckling.

:anguish: blowing a 2-0 lead against one of the shittest sides ever to grace the Premier League.

Guest neesy111

:anguish: blowing a 2-0 lead against one of the shittest sides ever to grace the Premier League.

Terry O'connor as manager. :lol: