Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Can't be arsed to agree that Colo in our side is massive. Or do you think he's finished and s*** husband too? :lol:

Why have we been playing Williamson and Taylor together recently?  MYM was signed as Coloccini's long term replacement but your hero doesn't know how to use him.

Can't be arsed to agree that Colo in our side is massive. Or do you think he's finished and s*** husband too? :lol:

Why have we been playing Williamson and Taylor together recently?  MYM was signed as Coloccini's long term replacement but your hero doesn't know how to use him.

No he isn't.  There is a long term placement for Colo who will arrive in the summer. And I don't know his name before you ask, just that a deal is in place. And from where I sat at SJP today, there was no hoofball, ONLY when Dummett had nowhere else to go. I saw a side desperately short of confidence and shorn of its most creative players trying hard to play football and working bloody hard in front of a quiet, tense, critical crowd. Oh and I always end up thinking that Agbonglehor is an incredibly underrated player.

I agree Mym should have played, I'm always speaking on here what a class act mym is. That don't mean to say I firmly believe when Colo is the side he makes a huge difference. This recent run of embrassing results and the one last season have both come in his absence. It's glaringly obvious what a class act he still is today even if he isn't at the standard he once was but all players decline slowly with age and injuries.

Guest neesy111

A critical crowd that haven't seen their team score since Boxing day, more complete shite from youself after defending pardew to the backside after the chelsea game.

No he isn't.  There is a long term placement for Colo who will arrive in the summer. And I don't know his name before you ask, just that a deal is in place. And from where I sat at SJP today, there was no hoofball, ONLY when Dummett had nowhere else to go. I saw a side desperately short of confidence and shorn of its most creative players trying hard to play football and working bloody hard in front of a quiet, tense, critical crowd. Oh and I always end up thinking that Agbonglehor is an incredibly underrated player.

What's Yanga-Mbiwa then?

And who are these creative players that we were shorn of?

I agree Mym should have played, I'm always speaking on here what a class act mym is. That don't mean to say I firmly believe when Colo is the side he makes a huge difference. This recent run of embrassing results and the one last season have both come in his absence. It's glaringly obvious what a class act he still is today even if he isn't at the standard he once was but all players decline slowly with age and injuries.

The good run we had earlier in the season came with MYM and Williamson as the centre half pairing. So it's even more shocking that your hero opted for Taylor when Colo was missing this time....

Honestly, why is anyone thankful for a result that further cements this monumental helmets place as manager?

It keeps us safe for the season and allows 11 games to show his pitfall, plus he isn't going to be sacked in anyway.

You're a great chap but that first bit is a load of rubbish.  We signed MYM when it looked certain Coloccini was off, they're our 2 most similar centre halves.  Not sure why you're being so sensitive about Alan Pardew when it's quite clear he's a bang-average manager if you're being charitable.

No-one is forcing to read my complete shit. But that is exactly the sort of gratuitous insult that makes people leave here for other places.

Not sure what this is about.

Guest neesy111

It's to do with my post Polic, Golfmag having a go at the crowd for being critical today which is complete rubbish, they've had nothing to shout about for the previous 2 months before this. 

It's to do with my post Polic, Golfmag having a go at the crowd for being critical today which is complete rubbish, they've had nothing to shout about for the previous 2 months before this. 

Oh, I see. :thup:

I agree with you to an extent - I'm not sure how anyone can justify the manager increasingly using the fans as an excuse for poor performances, but each to their own.

Guest neesy111

Never celebrated a last minute winner less.

:thup:

I still clapped and said GET IN! but the usual feeling of euphoria and unbridled joy lasted about 15 seconds.

Similar, wasn't that bothered when the final whistle went that we had won.  It's stopped the rot but in the long term it'll make little difference for me.

I still clapped and said GET IN! but the usual feeling of euphoria and unbridled joy lasted about 15 seconds.

I fair screamed some, but that was it followed by an exasperated head-shake. :lol:

I fair screamed some, but that was it followed by an exasperated head-shake. :lol:

Pffftt, I ran down the row of seats, jumped over the row in front, my foot just clipped the seats, stumbled into the back of the advertisement boards, and still celebrated.

Arm chair fans these days man.

I didn't sit at St James today but where I was sitting I did see a fair few balls being his long and it wasn't only Dummett who was guilty of it.  From where I was sitting, I saw two poor teams play 90 something minutes and the home side did just enough to win it.  As for the crowd being quiet, tense and critical, they had every right and still have.

We have a poor manager who is way out of his depth and that's reflected in our poor standard of football which is why the crowd are so quiet.

I was surprised by the crowd around me generally celebrating as if we'd captured the title. Personally I felt almost completely empty. Don't think I've ever felt like that after a Newcastle winner. :undecided:

Three points closer to a competition that we actively admit we don't want to be in and the manager's job safe for a few more weeks. Joy indeed.