Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

Guest bimpy474

BTW we have the highest % of shots taken outside of the area in the league.

Hence why out shots on goal figure always looks so inflated

Most of them by Sissoko when someone is on for a nice little pass too :lol:

Ashley is a prime-cut arsehole, Pardew is a fraudster who shoots himself (and us) in the foot with every word of bollocks he spouts, and I hate the way our club is being run, and I am very worried about what our future holds should the status quo continue.

Now that the above is out of the way...

Fuck me, the 90 minutes on a Saturday are all about Newcastle United having a bigger scoreline than the opposition. There was nothing bittersweet about that last minute winner on the day. Celebrate visibly like a bellend or not, no one can say they didn't at least let out a "GET THE FUCKKKK INNNNN" when Remy turned and smashed it home. All the worries and hatred towards the current NUFC hierarchy disappears, momentarily, as we are conditioned to just...feel good...when we win.

Pardew has had similar bad runs in the past that would have more than justified him getting the sack. That home defeat to Reading still sticks in my throat personally, and IMO any owner at any other half decently run club would have sacked the manager after that shambles (add to that the back to back home defeats to the mackems and Liverpool etc..). Losing at home to Villa when our season has been written off wasn't getting him sacked. I can't understand why people let that interfere with their ability to enjoy a last minute winner, or any kind of win against any opposition on the day. We have the entire week in between matches to analyze and go back to our grumbling against what's being done to us. But on the day, pump your first, wave the proverbial flag, shag the cat etc...

I miss the simpler days when James Alexander Gordon would read out the scores at 5pm, and if I haven't seen the match, I'd almost shit myself looking for any evidence that we had won depending on the intonation of his voice reading out "Newcastle United ONNNE - Aston Villa nil".

BTW we have the highest % of shots taken outside of the area in the league.

Hence why out shots on goal figure always looks so inflated

Yeah, this needs sorting. A number of the shots on Sunday seemed to be silly - outside the player's range, with the weaker foot etc. It felt like a lazy decision.

no one can say they didn't at least let out a "GET THE FUCKKKK INNNNN" when Remy turned and smashed it home

I can. I did a kind of weird roll my eyes maniacal snigger thing. I enjoyed it. I may try maniacal laughter more often.