PL team of season + Bale or Neymar

Mr. Snrub

TCD - Baines has done little to earn an "automatic" position in a team of the year. Fact he was injured for a little while aside, he's not hit the heights of the previous couple of years. 2 mitigating factors in that are the drop-off of Pienaar's form, and Coleman's development into full-blown Cafu mode which has meant we've utilised the right flank. Still think Baines is class and obviously a brilliant asset to have, but this season Shaw or Azpilicueta, in a LB position, have done more to impress IMO.

TCD - Baines has done little to earn an "automatic" position in a team of the year. Fact he was injured for a little while aside, he's not hit the heights of the previous couple of years. 2 mitigating factors in that are the drop-off of Pienaar's form, and Coleman's development into full-blown Cafu mode which has meant we've utilised the right flank. Still think Baines is class and obviously a brilliant asset to have, but this season Shaw or Azpilicueta, in a LB position, have done more to impress IMO.

True dis  :thup:

I wish Oviedo hadn't gotten injured. He was looking like a smart little player on that left side.

From the times i've seen him he has been very good. I haven't used injuries against him (or Ramsey). I think you have the best fullbacks in the country and they provide the biggest threat. Even when out the side Oviedo looked a very tidy player as well.

I rarely watch Southampton and when I do they always play poorly as a team. I'm sure Shaw has plenty of ability but I haven't really seen it.

Azpilicueta has been solid from what i've seen. They don't play with the most adventurous of fullbacks. Nothing that suggests team of the season.

Cech

Debuchy Terry Mertesacker Gibbs

Yaya Ramsey

Suarez Aguero Hazard

Sturridge

However, the outside controversy and moving continents is another reason why Neymar hasn't really hit the heights at all.

Eh? Goalscoring wise i agree but part of that is he's trying to get the rest of his team mates going over his own selfish goals.

Yet he's still on track for a 20-20 season and how many players can say that? not bad for a player who apparently hasn't hit the heights....

He's been Barca's best performer this season by a mile for my money, but then you would have to actually watch the games to know that.

Cech

Debuchy Terry Mertesacker Gibbs

Yaya Ramsey

Suarez Aguero Hazard

Sturridge

However, the outside controversy and moving continents is another reason why Neymar hasn't really hit the heights at all.

Eh? Goalscoring wise i agree but part of that is he's trying to get the rest of his team mates going over his own selfish goals.

Yet he's still on track for a 20-20 season and how many players can say that? not bad for a player who apparently hasn't hit the heights....

He's been Barca's best performer this season by a mile for my money, but then you would have to actually watch the games to know that.

Don't think CD is disagreeing with you. I think he agrees that he has a higher ceiling and while I agree that Neymar prior to his injury was carrying that Barcelona side he really hasn't hit the heights you expect him to do next to Messi. Neymar has the talent to become better than CRonaldo (don't think he'll ever surpass or have the talent to surpass Messi) but it's all about effectiveness for him. He has the ability to do things with a ball I don't see anyone else in the world doing, just look at his goal against Celtic or plenty for Santos. But Bale, Messi and Cristiano are so effective and that's what makes them the player they are. Bale is a better player at the moment as he is fitting perfectly in at Real while Neymar is still trying to fit in, scared of shooting and always looking for a pass. (sometimes people call him selfish for taking the extra dribble but he's doing that purely because he's not making the right decision as he's looking for pass first)

Didn't use to like Neymar. Then he carried that kid around. Neymar.

:lol:

TBF Neymar has always been like this, said it over a year ago. He's a massive dick on the pitch, but off the pitch he seems to be a genuine guy. I mean he's 21/22 only after all.

Szcezney

Coleman    Mertesacker  Jaegielka  Shaw

Fernandinho  Ramsey

Hazard

Suarez  Sturridge Negredo

Screw Width!

Bale, even though I can't stand him magnificent player when on it.

Cech

Coleman - Mertesacker - Terry - Shaw

Ramsey - Fernandihno - Lallana 

Hazard - Sturridge - Suarez

Fernandihno in by default almost due to their being few decent sitters in the middle this season apart from him, Barry and Schneiderlein.

Tried to keep it as balanced as possible n all. Right and Left sided CBs n all that.

Guest Roger Kint

Cech

Hazard - Sturridge - Hazard

Bet Jose wishes he could do that

Cech

Hazard - Sturridge - Hazard

Bet Jose wishes he could do that

Haha, didn't even realise.

Szczesny

Ivanovic  Kompany  Terry©  Shaw

Ramsey  Toure  Hazard

Suarez  Rooney  Aguero

I don't think Kompany has been good at all this season. Demichelis gets the blame for a lot of his mistakes