We Would Be Confident Of Beating 3 Out Of The 4 Semi-Finalists.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Spark

I'd love to see the side we'd trot out against Sheffield United. Dummett would be the most senior player.

Even Pardew wouldn't play a weakened team in a semi-final.

The more the top 6 seem to put their main focus on getting into then performing well in the CL the more opportunity there seems to be for the rest to get to domestic finals and actually win trophies.

As probably one of the top 2 or 3 teams outside of that group it would be lovely for us to actually give it a proper go.

Guest neesy111

Does the draw work out like if we'd beaten Cardiff, we'd have followed their route in terms of ball number? If so, we'd have lost to City yesterday knowing us, or if not, Arsenal in the Semi.

Yeah I think it does.

I'm pretty certain every Premier league club not in the hat is thinking the same thing. If Man City can lose to Wigan then (again) then anyone can beat anyone. We're well aware we were total crap against Cardiff but I'd argue the team he selected was strong enough to beat Cardiff should have played better.

Elliott; Haidara; Mbwia; Taylor; Santon; Sissoko; Anita; Tiote; Ben Arfa; Gouffran; Cisse.

I'm pretty certain every Premier league club not in the hat is thinking the same thing. If Man City can lose to Wigan then (again) then anyone can beat anyone. We're well aware we were total crap against Cardiff but I'd argue the team he selected was strong enough to beat Cardiff should have played better.

Elliott; Haidara; Mbwia; Taylor; Santon; Sissoko; Anita; Tiote; Ben Arfa; Gouffran; Cisse.

You'll not mind if Remy and Krul are dropped for most of the rest of the season then? Just bring them in when we reckon we need them?

You'll not mind if Remy and Krul are dropped for most of the rest of the season then? Just bring them in when we reckon we need them?

Fucking pushing it with two players, like. One a keeper as well, the position in which nearly every single manager in the league rotates for cups.

Cabaye.

Fair enough, but then you'll get into the whole 'he wasn't injured' sort of debate. Regardless of one/two players, when i seen that team prior to kick off, especially with HBA playing i was happy. Had no problems with the team sheet, ben arfa in the 10 role i did have a problem and his tactics in general.

Fair enough we scored our scrappy goal, looked likely to be going through. However once Eliot made his howler to gift them back in it, our attitude in response to that was pathetic, players and manager need stick for that. They didn't wake up at all because the pace of the game which they set was painful and they couldn't go through the gears when needed to go on and win.

Cabaye.

I assumed that was fairly fucking obvious, clearly not to Brett.

The manager said it was ok to get completely battered by sunderland because Cabaye and Remy weren't in the team, yet we're meant to believe that he put a perfectly strong side out in the cup. He can't have it both ways.

I agree we've been shit in the cups recently, but we did put out a team good enough to beat Cardiff. Sometimes you just lose.

This focussing on who is left in so we can be even more negative about it is fairly bizarre.

I think you are missing the point here slightly Ian?