Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

we need  more goals , we be mad not to bring him back and give him a game or two. If he is struggling at this Level then  loan him back for the rest of the season.

That's really not how loans work, though. :lol:

He is our player and we should be able to recall him, I am sure when Darlow and Elliot are fit again Woodman will be sent back out on loan.

we need  more goals , we be mad not to bring him back and give him a game or two. If he is struggling at this Level then  loan him back for the rest of the season.

That's really not how loans work, though. :lol:

He is our player and we should be able to recall him, I am sure when Darlow and Elliot are fit again Woodman will be sent back out on loan.

If he goes back it will probably be as an emergency loan, which will only last about a month then he'd have to come back again. Don't think they can loan the same player twice in the same year either, so if we recall him he's not going back to Coventry this season. Of course he could go elsewhere in January, but why ruin a good thing when we clearly have better options in Mitro and Ayoze? It would hurt his development, and probably do no good for us as I struggle to believe he's become Premier League standard in three months.

Some posted it earlier but it has shades of Defoe at Bournemouth at a similar age. 20+ goals in that division will do him and us more good in the long term than coming here as a sub with the pressure of having to try and win us games from the bench.

Our biggest weakness for years has been how we've handled academy products, we seem to have got it right this time.

Happy for him but the seasoned cynic in me knows he'll get a season long injury the moment he steps off the train at Newcastle station. Quite happy for him to be our Joel Campbell for now as unless he's physically changed dramatically he's not cut out for the Prem, given his style of play (whereas Ayoze has the technique, style and skill to compensate for being fairly meek). Would rather Armstrong came back with strong self belief than have it crushed quickly upon his return.

Let him stay the whole season there. Let him get 25-30 somewhere he's settled imo. Don't recall or move him to a Championship club.

Fully agree.  Said similar to a mate the other day that was trying to advocate bringing him back.  Let him have the full season at Coventry and he'll hopefully keep scoring and help get them promoted.  Then see what our options are next season.  Maybe look to loan him to another Championship club, or back to Coventry, assuming they go up.  He could be playing for us in the Championship, mind :lol:

Not really. We have 0 proven PL strikers at the club that we want to keep. Having 4 decent strikers, with some rotation could work. I wouldn't mind us signing Adebayor in January for 6/18 months. We need a short term solution up front.

It would be night night for De Jong.

However, I do think we'll bring Armstrong back in January and we'll look to him to get us the goals. No striker. Relegation battle.

Then we have to accept chances are he won't ever get a chance at the club

I agree with what you're saying, but its highly likely we'll sell ayoze next summer and armstrong will replace him, knowing these fuckers.

If we were to bring in a striker i would much rather like to see someone in the mould of Remy. Play that striker next to Mitro with Perez behind. Austin is not the perfect choice imo. Especially not fucking Adebayor.

Our strikers are fine, and they will prove it very soon. It would help if we had more width and better service from the wide positions as well.

Strikers at our club have managed... 4 league goals? Unless there's an improvement in goals soon, we'll need reinforcements.

I agree - strategically we need to play at a higher intensity to create better chances. However, someone like Cisse usually has 1 clear cut chance a game because his instincts in the box are superior to these lads from what i've seen so far.

If we were to bring in a striker i would much rather like to see someone in the mould of Remy. Play that striker next to Mitro with Perez behind. Austin is not the perfect choice imo. Especially not f***ing Adebayor.

Remy would be good. Although I don't care for "moulds" at this point. Just someone that can score goals at this level.

They will prove their worth, Mitro and Perez. Even though Perez plays more like an attacking midfielder since we have no one in the centre even near being able to do what he can. CM, CB and LB should be our priorities. Yes we need another striker, but not to replace Mitro.