Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Wish Armstrong all the best but when he starts scoring at a Championship club, then we know he's the real deal. He is probably playing a strata below his current ability level but we can only hope he keeps progressing.

The gap between League One and Championship isn't as big as people think. A form League One usually carries a lot of momentum in the Championship post promotion.

Armstrong is playing against men who are going to mark the fuck out of him and kick him to tiny pieces.

He is playing well, receiving chances and developing confidence.

He is better off staying there the whole season than having to readjust from the winter with a new club where he may not fit in as well or may not get picked as often

I read last night that Crewe marked him much closer than he had been in previous games so he was a bit quieter but he still managed to get a goal.

He is going to get a lot of attention now from the opposition from now on so all good experience for him.

I went to the Coventry game last night. Armstrong started really well and saw a lot of the ball in the first few minutes. He made many intelligent darting runs into space high up the pitch but did not always receive a pass into him his runs demanded as the half wore on. He needs to start bossing his teammates and rollicking them for not playing him in as I could imagine a young Shearer or Rooney doing. However he managed to get a few shots off and his speed and trickery caused the big Crewe defenders problems. His goal came in the second half and was a great shot into the far corner after running into the box from the right. Crewe equalised almost straight away mind you as the Coventry defenders looked in vain for an offside flag that never came.

Armstrong looks good at this level but I can't help feeling he is still a little small and lightweight and could get easily be bullied by better defenders. hopefully he will get stronger with more games.

I have to say that the best player on view was another ex Newcastle player Brad Inman. He scored a great first equaliser for Crewe and showed pace, power and skill in getting the better of Coventry defenders on numerous occasions in a playmaking no.10 role.

Guest Recoba

Aguero is stacked and strong though, Armstrong is built more like that dickhead Owen.

Armstrong was still 17 a few months ago, howay man give the lad a chance to grow into his body.  He will be learning every game and Mowbray is a good coach particularly at that level.  I would rather see him getting lots of chances in a good League 1 team, as the number 9, the main man, rather than for some struggling Championship team.

Aguero is stacked and strong though, Armstrong is built more like that dickhead Owen.

Armstrong was still 17 a few months ago, howay man give the lad a chance to grow into his body.  He will be learning every game and Mowbray is a good coach particularly at that level.  I would rather see him getting lots of chances in a good League 1 team, as the number 9, the main man, rather than for some struggling Championship team.

Wasn't having a pop at him, just an observation :lol: I'm all for him doing well :thup:

• 2 weeks later...