Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

The fact is he's not good enough.

Yet, possibly.

He's a kid who shows lots of promise. I remember watching Lascalles early last season and he looked slow, bad decisions and poor on the ball, now he's possibly our captain and seemingly one of a handful of starters.

In fact, the fact is there are few facts about kids who aren't the finished article.

FACT!

Called it from day one that I didn't think he would make it for us, granted based on very little but you get a sense of a player even based off small amounts of appearances, I know hes only had a bit of time here and there but hasn't done one thing that's been impressive in a black and white shirt.

Will end up at a league one team or a poor championship striker once we ship him out.

Can't believe people's opinion of a 19 year old that has had the odd appearance for us. He clearly has something about him. Would rather we keep him and give him sub appearances during the season

Can't believe people's opinion of a 19 year old that has had the odd appearance for us. He clearly has something about him. Would rather we keep him and give him sub appearances during the season

ive watched this lad in the reserves, and first team squad, since he was 16 and he has pace but is very erratic in his football.

he runs and chases but with very little purpose, and yes he can finish but needs a clear opening to do it it.he's not stong enough to lead a line at all.

i wanted him to do it but to me he isnt a very good striker , no matter how long a run he gets in the team he won't make it, when he has had his wee chances he's in effect done nothing that shows me he can be a top flight striker, already Gayle looks twice the player he is.

sorry but Arma is not the answer and is out of his depth  :undecided:

he runs and chases but with very little purpose, and yes he can finish but needs a clear opening to do it

Granted I haven't seen as much of him as you, but the goals of his I saw last season contradict that

I suspect 99% of fans always wish for the very best for the lads coming through; particularly when they are local. Would have been great timing for Arma, if he could have shown enough to get a chance this season, which might have really helped him kick on. Despite the wishful thinking, just don't think he's shown enough for us to rely on him, even off the bench. Maybe next year/hope I'm wrong but doesn't matter either way, Rafa will know best

he runs and chases but with very little purpose, and yes he can finish but needs a clear opening to do it

Granted I haven't seen as much of him as you, but the goals of his I saw last season contradict that

no, he can score at a level, 1st division level which is much slower, but remember he had a great run of goals then he went missing for a long period at Cov and couldn't score once he was sussed out

ive watched this lad in the reserves, and first team squad, since he was 16 and he has pace but is very erratic in his football.

he runs and chases but with very little purpose, and yes he can finish but needs a clear opening to do it it.he's not stong enough to lead a line at all.

i wanted him to do it but to me he isnt a very good striker , no matter how long a run he gets in the team he won't make it, when he has had his wee chances he's in effect done nothing that shows me he can be a top flight striker, already Gayle looks twice the player he is.

Gayle is 6 years older and played in Championship / premier league for a lot more games.

Armstrong had 1 season on loan playing proper football and scored 20 goals. I don't buy this size thing, the centre halves at that level will be physical and he managed just fine.

Strikers don't have to be 6ft if the team accommodates it. Gayle isn't that tall. Defoe had the ba lumped at him and manages to score because he has that instinct and gets on the end of things.

Armstrong might never lead the line on his own but I dont think we should be too tough on a 19 year old with 1 full season behind him and trying to make it at his home club with all the pressure that brings.

no, he can score at a level, 1st division level which is much slower, but remember he had a great run of goals then he went missing for a long period at Cov and couldn't score once he was sussed out

That's like most strikers, they go on runs where they can't score and then they adjust / regain form.

Gayle is 6 years older and played in Championship / premier league for a lot more games.

Armstrong had 1 season on loan playing proper football and scored 20 goals. I don't buy this size thing, the centre halves at that level will be physical and he managed just fine.

Strikers don't have to be 6ft if the team accommodates it. Gayle isn't that tall. Defoe had the ba lumped at him and manages to score because he has that instinct and gets on the end of things.

Armstrong might never lead the line on his own but I dont think we should be too tough on a 19 year old with 1 full season behind him and trying to make it at his home club with all the pressure that brings.

ok take away all of that, he has shown NOTHING in a first team shirt, and if he wasn't one of us we'd be saying he's shite.......truth?