Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Good news :thup:

Get him on a years loan in the Championship and evaluate next summer. Do worry about his lack of height/strength though.

:icon_scratch:

I like him as a player and think if he improves his strength and hold up play against centre backs, he's got the pace and movement to be a success here. A year in the Championship getting regular football would do him the world of good and if he gets that, we can re evaluate next summer and see what our striking options are; if we're still in the Championship (God forbid) he might end up as one of our first choice options.

Ian DennisVerified account

‏@Iandennisbbc

Newcastle United announce Adam Armstrong has signed a new 4 year deal #NUFC

---

DH ‏@SmarProcurement  37m37 minutes ago

@Iandennisbbc nothing like an obsession with the mags Ian. How many other championship squad players do you tweet about their new contracts?

---

Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc  9m9 minutes ago

@SmarProcurement Strange. One #nufc suggests I've not tweeted about them for a long time. I think it's you who has the obsession...

:lol:

No guesses as to who DH supports.

Get him on a years loan in the Championship and evaluate next summer. Do worry about his lack of height/strength though.

I like him as a player and think if he improves his strength and hold up play against centre backs, he's got the pace and movement to be a success here. A year in the Championship getting regular football would do him the world of good and if he gets that, we can re evaluate next summer and see what our striking options are; if we're still in the Championship (God forbid) he might end up as one of our first choice options.

If we keep sending him on loan he's never going to get a chance. We have 46 games plus cup games as well, we should be looking to give him a decent chance before we send him out on loan

Im just a bit confused by loaning him out for a year in the championship-  we are in the championship?

Aye but I can't see him getting regular game time here. Gayle, Mitro, Perez and probably a new signing will be in front of him meaning his opportunities would be limited to cameo sub appearances on the wing.

Think if he goes to a lower Championship team he'll be looking at 25-30 games a season which I can't see him getting anywhere near if he stays here. Could be wrong but that's just the way I see it.

I mean, he could play this weekend? He's already in a position to get an opportunity and we're only two minutes into the season. He needs to take his opportunity and run with it though. Time for him to step up.

Actually might not mind him being the out and out striker. Whenever he's come on as a number 10 for us he hasn't looked good though.

He's not afraid to come deep and get the ball, could open up space for Perez/Ritchie to exploit. Or send a screamer into the far corner.

I say start the lad on Saturday, If we can control the game as we did on Tuesday for 20-30 mins, letting him get settled, I think he could rise to the challenge.

He looks to me to be more about movement and finishing, it's quite conceivable he could play off a target man rather than do that role himself.

He'll need time, its a bit much to give him a single start and expect goals. He'll need to build confidence at this level & understanding with the others.

He's young, how many instantly step up at 19? Carroll didnt, Kane didnt, not everyone is a Rooney/Owen who peak early.