Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

It's hard to not get carried away when on YouTube every chance he gets, he scores, but the placement on most of his goals is absolutely top notch, Kane-esque almost.

Reminds me of how Owen used to play when he was at Liverpool. Really hope he does the business for us next season, and if Mitrovic stays, would be a great big man/little man combo.

I want them both to do well next season, but if Rafa stays I expect us to bring in a proven goal scorer.  We can't repeat the same mistake as this season which was all too predictable. Everyone saw the danger except the gormless cunts in charge of recruitment.

Forget the fact he's scored these goals in League 1 for a minute - the quality of his finishing is fantastic. In general terms, if you can finish with confidence and composure like he has been this season, you'll score goals at many other levels, too.

The one that stands out for me was Peterborough at home, 87th minute (?) at 2-2 and he does that. Incredible composure and outrageous skill.

I've got really high hopes for this lad.

We need to make sure that we dont put too much expectation on him, he's torn up League 1 but that might be his level, hopefully not though

Players tend to get better as they get older like

Forget the fact he's scored these goals in League 1 for a minute - the quality of his finishing is fantastic. In general terms, if you can finish with confidence and composure like he has been this season, you'll score goals at many other levels, too.

The one that stands out for me was Peterborough at home, 87th minute (?) at 2-2 and he does that. Incredible composure and outrageous skill.

I've got really high hopes for this lad.

Sounds very promising. I do like a clinical finisher.

My mates watch him every week. All to a man say he's way too good for League 1. Most think he will tear up the Championship. Some think, even now, he'd score a good amount (10+) in the Premiership.

The only times I've ever seen the lad in a Newcastle shirt, he has looked absolutely dogshit.

But they were under a crap manager(s) in crap situations in crap games.

Will be interested to see if Rafa rates him if he stays, as I absolutely trust his judgement. Personally after watching a few Cov games this season, I think he's probably found his level with Cov. Would love to be wrong like.

The only times I've ever seen the lad in a Newcastle shirt, he has looked absolutely dogshit.

Will be interested to see if Rafa rates him if he stays, as I absolutely trust his judgement. Personally after watching a few Cov games this season, I think he's probably found his level with Cov. Would love to be wrong like.

He was also about 17 or 18 in those appearances man ffs :lol:

He was also about 17 or 18 in those appearances man ffs :lol:

At 16/17/18 in reserve matches (or 'development squad' whatever it is called) and first team cameos you can get a pretty good idea of someone who isn't good enough. Our problem over the years is that we've hung onto these idiots and hoped they'd eventually 'come good' (Saylor, Ameobi 1, Ameobi 2 etc).

From what I've seen of him, he'll do okay in the Championship/League 1. I just do not think he'll ever make it as a Premier League player.

From what I've seen of him, he'll do okay in the Championship/League 1. I just do not think he'll ever make it as a Premier League player.

Lucky for him we're in the Championship now then. :thup:

Aye, I'd definitely keep him around next year. Playing him off Mitro could be a good combination imo.

I think he suits the type of striker Rafa is supposed to like. Youth, potential and a year in the Championship with Rafa could create the English Fernando Torres.

:lol: I'm glad we're not getting carried away about him

I think he suits the type of striker Rafa is supposed to like. Youth, potential and a year in the Championship with Rafa could create the English Fernando Torres.

Tbf to James, he may be talking about a post-CoventryLiverpool Fernando Torres.

:lol: :lol: James is off it like.

Lucky for him we're in the Championship now then. :thup:

Fraser Forster looked fucking terrible playing in our reserves and Krul looked much better but look at them now. Same as Andy Carrol, he never looked all that and certainly not premier league class.

Armstrong is 19 and just scored 20 goals in league 1 I n 40 games, not bad tbf. So he didn't impress when Pardew brought him on at 17/18. He has pace, good touch, movement and a good shot in and out of the area by looks of him. Needs games and now should be his time.

Hope him, Sterry, Mbabu and Aarons are developed this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...