Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Games are important though and I just don't see how he will get sufficient games here. :dontknow:

I'd take coaching from Rafa over games in League One, moreso due to him already bossing it last season. Armstrong has the tools to be a good player, right now he shows promise, more than most at his age and more than other Newcastle youngsters of years past (Campbell, Vuckic, Ferguson, Pattison, Inman, Huntington, Sammy....). The Championship is the perfect chance for him to get more minutes.

Yep. If he's not getting games or goals we could always loan him out again in January.

certainly keep him and assess how we start the season, if we start battering the life out of everyone and seem destined to coast to promotion then he should be given every chance possible during the season imo

19 year old kid raised under Pardew and Carver bangs in 20 goals for a mid-table League One side and people are writing him off. :lol:

He might not be quite ready for our first team but how you can definitely say he won't be any good is fucking ludicrous. Brain surgeons we have on this forum.

:thup: :thup:

If he doesn't get a chance this season he'll never get a chance if we get promoted. I'd be giving him as much of a chance as possible

We need to get promoted though. Giving youngsters a chance can't be a priority.

Sounds promising for Young Arma:

http://www.footballinsider247.com/benitez-young-newcastle-star-to-be-given-chance-to-shine-in-august/

Benitez apparently has seen enough in training to give him a run out in August. Still wonder if we have a potential striker lined up which relies on the Sissoko exit/money.

I think we'll bring another striker in. Villa are reportedly getting McCormack and he's scored 38 goals in the last two seasons in this division. While I wouldn't swap our strikers with him, you still can't see Rafa hoping that Mitro and Perez will hit that many.

EDIT: forgot about Gayle, not sure how many he got when he was in this division.

I think understanding your role and your strengths/weaknesses is absolutely essential at any age, that's where a great manager comes in. Not to mention the improvement confidence and motivation can make.

How it compares to going out on loan I'm not sure, but chasing balls into the channels in league one isn't necessarily the best education.

I think understanding your role and your strengths/weaknesses is absolutely essential at any age, that's where a great manager comes in. Not to mention the improvement confidence and motivation can make.

How it compares to going out on loan I'm not sure, but chasing balls into the channels in league one isn't necessarily the best education.

Spot on. Plus this coaching vs. game time thing is a bit mooted if he's going to be getting minutes for us this season.

For defenders especially coaching is very important. A good coach can make poor defenders look better than they are. For attacking players you still do need some coaching but at the end of the day the coach can't teach you how to dribble past players or put a pass through the defence

Took a shot from outside the box when he should of squared to Ritchie who was in a better position,more space and screaming for the pass.

Can't blame the kid, but playing him as much as he wants would end in disaster.

Needs to be loaned out to another team in this division.

I thought he looked bright as well. He seemed to link up play better than either Gayle or Perez in his short cameo. He definitely snatched at that shot but given how ineffectual the partnership of Gayle and Perez was last night - I know it's early days - I don't think we're in a position to loan him.